Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on Sky again.. Burnley home

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I subscribe to Sky sports so am part of the problem but if you go to the pub to watch it then that's the same isn't it .
The thing is I like the cricket and other stuff as well...............what to do ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I subscribe to Sky sports so am part of the problem but if you go to the pub to watch it then that's the same isn't it .
The thing is I like the cricket and other stuff as well...............what to do ?
Sky charge around 15k a year on average to pubs...Would say boycott the pubs,but they have it hard as it is.
It seems though that BT are installed in more pubs/clubs than sky already and would suspect BT are far cheaper as well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could have been worse this game gives discounted tickets for parent and child, Friday eve would have been far worse.

What home games are left that aren't on Sky (if we assume Derby falls too)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I get that its annoying when games are moved but truth be told I love watching the Championship games on Sky. I've watched 3 or 4 Premier League games on Sky this season but watched most of the evening Championship games. I'd be very disappointed if they stopped showing games live.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sky charge around 15k a year on average to pubs...Would say boycott the pubs,but they have it hard as it is.
It seems though that BT are installed in more pubs/clubs than sky already and would suspect BT are far cheaper as well.

For now. But does it actually make any difference to the crux of the argument Sir Albion as to the problems it incurs. It's here to stay I feel. How can it change ?
I don't care at what time I watch the Albion - although I accept HKFC with youngs ones is affected but I must admit the social part of my match days are seriously affected.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't get this. The club gets money from, what, 22k season ticket holders and that's before anyone else.

If fans don't like it, the ONLY way to put a stop to it is boycott Sky - that really would have an effect. But playing to half empty grounds will make no difference

Please don't take this the wrong way - but why would sky really care if championship and League 1 and 2 clubs boycott?

I can't imagine they would be too bothered if they do, they would walk away and use the money to try and get the Pl/CL back which has 10 times the viewers.

Only gets worse on the premiership - Spurs have three Monday night kick offs in a row now and you will get games moved for teams in the Europa League and not be on the Telly.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I get that its annoying when games are moved but truth be told I love watching the Championship games on Sky. I've watched 3 or 4 Premier League games on Sky this season but watched most of the evening Championship games. I'd be very disappointed if they stopped showing games live.

With all due respect you are missing the point. This is killing the game for the fans , people saying its great the club are getting money are really not looking at the bigger picture , this is what supporting football is all about is it not? 3pm on a Saturday , it's tradition , it's a sad state of affairs when tv dictates like this. Of course it's beneficial financially for the club but it kind of sums up the sad state of affairs of modern football. Whether we like it or not football sold its soul to sky and tv

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With all due respect you are missing the point. This is killing the game for the fans , people saying its great the club are getting money are really not looking at the bigger picture , this is what supporting football is all about is it not? 3pm on a Saturday , it's tradition , it's a sad state of affairs when tv dictates like this. Of course it's beneficial financially for the club but it kind of sums up the sad state of affairs of modern football. Whether we like it or not football sold its soul to sky and tv

Killing the game for the fans is a massive overstatement. Look at the Premier League, massive amounts of games moved but the stadia are pretty much full. Look at our home fixtures that have been on Sky, hardly been played in empty stadium. Yes it is annoying that the fixtures get changed and it is a massive inconvenience to a few but the majority will deal with it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I reckon all clubs should do this when live...
All tickets £15 max or even £10 for live games....I'm sure the ST holders would prefer more in the stands and the amount spent on food,drink and merchandise would benefit the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here