Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're On Our Way...

el punal

We are, aren't we?

The problem is, as we sing, "How do we get there? I don't know."

If we had been provided with an itinerary before the journey started, and that had indicated that we'd need to take in a gut-wrenching loss on a Tuesday night, followed by a rather calamitous 3-0 defeat away at strugglers a few days later, then we'd be OK with that.

We'd be OK because we'd look at the itinerary and allow our eyes to move down to the end, where it showed that Brighton & Hove Albion were taking a place in the Premier League for the 2017-18 season.

We love football because no such itinerary exists. We sometimes win when we least expect it, and lose when we think we only need to turn up.

We're on our way. To the Premier League.

Despite a shitty last few days we are still 6 points clear of third place. Enjoy that fact!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
When was the last time we won when didn't expect it? Birmingham? Fulham? It was quite a few games ago, recently we have lost more games than we have expected against average but pumped up sides. (Newcastle being the exception obviously)

Sorry if this is supposed to be an upbeat thread but we seem to have taken a wrong turning on this route to the Premier League

Don't worry Icy, we all know you've not got an upbeat bone in your body! :lolol:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Second place is still very likely despite the successive defeats.....after only losing 5 out of 46 games last season, I am a bit surprised 6 have already been lost with more than 10 matches still remaining.

I don't know the stats but the pairing of Dunk and Goldson last season seemed more impressive.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]838340046323339264[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We sometimes win when we least expect it, and lose when we think we only need to turn up.
I never think we only need to turn up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can you transmit that to the team in the next 48 hours.?
I don't think they feel that way either. We were just lacking a little yesterday and then we got a bit unlucky. It happens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think they feel that way either. We were just lacking a little yesterday and then we got a bit unlucky. It happens.

This is true, we have had a very unlucky week. Hard to believe we were all so upbeat and top of the league just a week ago

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FFS we've been here before, have had the experience of the final run in, only to unfortunately to end up in the PO.
Experience and guile always counts, and Albion have had their fair share.
There's no reason to say that we are not on our way.
Most definately this is our season to get to the PL.
Bollox to the rest of the teams around us, if they want to unwittingly help us out, then go for it.
That's all folks :bowdown:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We were on our way when our defence was virtually impregnable but that was a while ago now. Currently it's like we've got an end of winter sale on gaffs and goals: score one,score one free. Come on Brighton, get it together again.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
In the hope that 92 points will be enough, we needed 7 wins from 13 a week ago. Now we need 7 wins from 11. I hope and pray that we will start ticking the wins off very soon because 7 from 11 sounds just about manageable but 7 from 9 (or worse) sounds very, very difficult.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the hope that 92 points will be enough, we needed 7 wins from 13 a week ago. Now we need 7 wins from 11. I hope and pray that we will start ticking the wins off very soon because 7 from 11 sounds just about manageable but 7 from 9 (or worse) sounds very, very difficult.

If the gap between us and 3rd stays as it is by the time we get to 9 games left we wont need 7 wins 6 will be sufficient and will reduce as the games reduce.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We've NEVER been in this position before , we've always been chasing and now we're the HUNTED. We need 20 points from 11 fixtures, 6 wins, 2 draws and THREE losses will see us HOME

Huddersfield need 26 points from 12 matches - 8 W 2D 2L
Leeds need need 27 points from 11 games - 9W 0D 2L
Reading need 28 points from 11 games 9W 1D 1L
MASSIVE need 30 points from 11 games 10W 0D 1L

My sheets are DRY

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm thinking that if ever an Albion tune needed a comedy dance routine accompaniment, it's this one.

Think thumbs in the front pockets of an imaginary waistcoat. Think Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Could be a HOOT.

Gotta be better than luzzing cooking lager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here