Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well what an absolutely shit day of Cricket World Cup that was!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The thing is though, if India don't do well, then it could very well be the end of ODI cricket, they've got all the money and the power

As much as I like all three forms of the game, I don't think 50 overs will last much longer. All the best players will concentrate on both test and 20/20 and the ODI format will die. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think it's inevitable. The international schedule is far too congested for top players to play in all the series at top effort.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
That would be making the competition similar to the pointless, 'Champions Trophy'. The best solution would be to have 4 groups of 4, with the 8 cricketing nations and 8 minows so as many countries can develop as possible. Then have groups of 4, 2 go through into straight knockout. The ICC are thick.

This seems such an obvious thing to do, would definitely improve the competition. Thing is, the ICC clearly just want the big teams playing each other as much as possible - they don't care about cricket overkill as long as they can get away with as many matches as possible.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
after the counties scrapped 50overs in favour of 40 then I would'nt be surprised if the Internationals follow suit.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As much as I like all three forms of the game, I don't think 50 overs will last much longer. All the best players will concentrate on both test and 20/20 and the ODI format will die. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think it's inevitable. The international schedule is far too congested for top players to play in all the series at top effort.

after the counties scrapped 50overs in favour of 40 then I would'nt be surprised if the Internationals follow suit.

Can't see it happening all the time BCCI hold the power in world cricket. The 50 over game is far too popular in India for them to get rid of it

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Final is 3rd of April. About a week before the easter break!

well if hell freezes over and we make the final I wont see it as I'll be at Brands Hatch....'cos its my BIRTHDAY!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here