Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well we can kiss goodbye to Bridcutt...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What a performance YET AGAIN. The back four must be thanking their lucky stars that they have such a brilliant player infront of them.

Would be a disaster if he left.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
One things for sure , no one will sign up barn door McSmudger on todays performance,we could lose Hoskins and Orlandi though

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bridders was simply superb today lets hope this doesn't mean PL teams come sniffing round before the windows end

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
My thoughts too! every time he done something to great I was getting more worried. It will be hard to keep him if a good offer tempts turns his head.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I would love to see his performance stats today and over the season as well.
- How many tackles he wins each game - must one of top tacklers in The Championship.
- Passes attempted and completed
- Inceptions/blocked shots
- Aerial battles he wins each game.
Bridcutt is simply a Midfield General.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Bridcutt has two & half years to run on his contract so anyone saying he needs a new one is being a muppet. It is agreed he is in outstanding form but he will go nowhere in this transfer window.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Those saying Bridders' is too short, Leon Britton at Swansea seems to be doing a decent job at around the same height (and from what I've seen Liam's a better all round player). And that Paul Scholes chap doesn't seem to have done too badder job with his considerable lack of inches!

Seriously though think Bridcutt would walk into most PL sides. I guess the positive thing from our point of view is that there aren't many Premier League clubs who'd pay the figure we'd command for an untested player at that level. He's too instrumental too our style to be let go for peanuts.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A brilliant work rate and someone who breaks up opposition attacks better than almost anyone in the Championship. I expect someone to test us with an offer of 2 or 3 million, but feel his value should be 4 or 5 million. If you could distribute the ball with quality passes he'd be worth 12 million. But if he could do that he wouldn't have been released by Chelsea.
IMO he's the most important and valuable player we have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair bridcutt was shocking when he first came on a free. Then hes only gone one way since! I believe his improvement is mainly down to Poyet. He really is the man! And now bridcutt is the man!!

He wasn't shocking at all. He was a good player from the start but did learn a lot from Kish by playing alongside him. When Kish had to go back to Bulgaria in the January (we now know what the personal circumstances where) he stepped up admirably.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm beginning to think he is someone who will play for England, not now obviously, but in the next five years. How many bad games has he had in a Brighton shirt?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
i honestly think he is to short for the prem.....he would get shoved off the ball too easy.......he is a little tiger though ,he had a great game.

Agree with this for MOST teams but still think are a couple who he'd fit in well with their style of play. Swansea is the example who are always brought up. If we go up though we'll be one of them so hopefully he stays put and achieves his potential. Immense for us :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would love to see his performance stats today and over the season as well.
- How many tackles he wins each game - must one of top tacklers in The Championship.
- Passes attempted and completed
- Inceptions/blocked shots
- Aerial battles he wins each game.
Bridcutt is simply a Midfield General.

I think the stats wouldn't reflect his contribution fully. He doesn't have to win as many tackles as many midfielders as he reads the game so well. He is in the right position so many times to intercept that actual tackles are less necessary (not that he doesn't tackle well when needed). As for aerial battles, how many times does he make bigger players look stupid by comfortably winning the ball in the air against them. What a player and I can't believe we got him on a free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here