Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well played Lincoln and thank you för making the FA Cup great agâin

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Good luck to Lincoln and well done for taking the cup seriously even while top of the league. Just wish we could go up and have won the cup!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, the tone of your opening post was IMHO all wrong. You seemed to be all but dancing a victory jig for the opposition, like you'd rather they'd won than we did. Just seems a bid odd. Sort of like celebrating the away attendance at the Amex by invading the pitch, twirling your Albion shirt in the air while running over to the away fans to genuflect in their general direction. Like I say, just seems a bit odd.
That was basically what I was saying. OP seemed a bit desperate to congratulate/patronise the opposition. He just seemed to happy that we had lost !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you !!!

Seriously, 20 years ago we beat you 2-0 at Sincil Bank when you had won 5 games all season and were close to dropping out of the football league.

Respect to the 1500 who made the long trip back to Brighton having seen your reserves beaten by Lincoln.

Some folk on here need to take a look at themselves though, most of the detractors were not there or watched the highlights on the BBC.

Good luck in the Premier League, Chris Hughton is making good use of the £200 million investment by TB and the good times are a comin'

Over and out !!!
Wasn't too long for me, just a cold miserable walk back to Carholme road...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I am just back from the game. 12 hours of post match drinking and being rinsed by happy imps. ouch.

bombercounty

Jan 28, 2017
They're annoyed their big catch was entirely self-inflicted by the opposition. Don't get me wrong, they played well enough to win (or we played badly enough to lose) but their goals were all gifts so I understand them being annoyed if that's what people are talking about rather than waxing lyrical. If they're tweeting that kind of thing about someone as respected in the game as CH then they have a long way to go before becoming professional again:wink:

I think the reaction of CH blaming "the pitch" got up peoples noses - did it look unplayable or difficult? the choice of wording on a twitter feed doesn't represent the views of supporters, it was a great day, good game, no neck ache (as many would have you believe, generally after they've lost at Lincoln) and more important to Lincoln than Brighton........we all move on and get back to our respective leagues.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Most of the Imps I spoke to on Saturday before the game hoped that the run was going to end so that they could focus on the league. You wouldn't have known that when you stepped in the ground. And, at the final whistle, I doubt many would have swapped the result.

Equally, I doubt many of the traveling 1500 Albion fans went all the way to Lincoln in the hope we'd be able to 'focus on the league'

A winning team breeds a winning mentality.

I totally understand the financial implications and necessity of promotion, and that this should guide all decisions, but I equally believe that it's not as simple as just resting the first XI. I'd have played Kayal in the middle and have kept Dunk or Duffy at the back alongside Pocognoli. Just a little more experience so that the team felt more blended.

Of course, it's all ifs and buts, because up until halftime, whilst we were setting the world alight, I felt we were doing enough. Second half, I thought Lincoln were brilliant. I know CH is talking about our errors, but Lincoln forced them through their play.

Personally, I want to see us do well in the Cup. We would have been 2 games from a day trip to Wembley and 3 games from a final. A feel that feel-good mentality is good for the team. Really, are those 3 games going to cause major fixture congestion? Being in two tournaments - is it really too much to ask? It's not as if we're in the running for the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Champions League - yet.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here