Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

well played lads

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Just back from the game and I can't fault any of the players that played tonight (apart from our England International but there are plenty of other threads about that!!!)

Leon was good, looked dangerous going forward all night and it was a blatent penalty that he got booked for!!

Oatway chased everything down in midfield and worked his socks off

virgo was well virgo like, chased everything and never gave up

McCammon looked fairly useful for 60 mins but tired at the end

Hinshelwood was solid

At the end of the day we were robbed by one stupid mistake!!

Don't think Harding won't be playing for a while after hearing Mark Mcghee's interview and seeing his reaction when subbing him!:clap2: :clap2:

Thought we deserved at least a draw if not more but hey, thats football and how many teams have we mugged this season!!!

Keep playing like that and IF we can get the ball in the net, things MIGHT be ok at the end of the year on the playing side! as long as Knight doesn't keep selling everyone
:censored:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'd like to agree but I don't think Mark McCammon was anything to write home about at all. In fact f***ing useless is the term I'd use. I'd actually rather have Stafford Browne up front.

Still, I am prepared to give him time. And to give him his due he was in the right position a lot of the time, just didn't know what to do there.

Overall we were mugged, yes. But ultimately we didn't look like scoring at all and I'm getting tired of this. I guess there's nobody to blame really. I can't expect much more, but it is just so infuriating sitting in the freezing cold watching our blue and whites pass the ball well across the park but never actually getting it near the goal.

Blatant penalty though, and I really hope Leon gets a goal soon because he's doing everything else right.

Bad week overall, but we've had worse.

Keep the faith

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thought that the formation worked pretty well tonight and with a little bit of luck and a couple of decent decisions we could have scored a few goals.

Just a couple of pointers though.

With three forwards on the pitch I think it would be better to have Mayo at left back to shore up the defence more.

Lets get these crosses in earlier, the first chance you get whip it accross. High for the tall guys and low between the centre backs and the keeper for Leon.

Nicolas needs to work on his shooting as he scooped three shots way over the bar.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Chippy was disapointing I thought. I'm worried he may never get back to what he used to be :(
I think Reid or Hammond should get a chance in midfield.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This just shows how low our expectations have become. We fail to score, looked abject at times, we lose to a poor side.

Just be honest, this talk of being mugged is utter crap. We simply don't have enough in the locker to break teams down. We can defend, but we are not going to stay up by drawing a few games.

If the most you can score in a match is 1 , and you can't even do that regularly, then the fact that you may have passed it around nicely and tried your hardest is lovely sentiment, but means bugger all in the end,

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bluejuice said:
I'd like to agree but I don't think Mark McCammon was anything to write home about at all. In fact f***ing useless is the term I'd use. I'd actually rather have Stafford Browne up front.

I think that is a disgraceful comment - what sort of supporter is it that comes out with this sort of destructive comment after the man has obviously tried his heart out - clapped the fans before and after the game - and looked a half-decent prospect.

This sort of negative bollocks really does my head in :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
But it's better to have the foundations in place so we can concentrate on the goal getting. It's no good having strikers on fire if your team never get the ball, and leak goals in every game.

It sounds stupid, really stupid, but all we are missing is goals. If we just converted some of the chances we'd be a fair team, easily capable of staying up.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I put my hands up Titanic. I was harsh there.

That was my first post since getting home from the match and I was fuming. Didn't help that everyone around me in the south stand was moaning about him all game.

On reflection he did try very hard and I was in fact impressed in general with him. I just let other people's moaning affect my judgement in looking for a scapegoat.

He wasn't brilliant but if he sharpened up a bit he can do a job.

I retract my earlier statement and look forward to the McCammon goal machine!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yeah, I know what you mean Bluejuice, I am still mad as hell after that match, it's easy to get carried away and let things get on top of you, just shows how much you care deep down though! Don't be too hard on yourself !!

Kev the Ape

( could be spelling mistakes sitting in the dark)

Well played lads, very good football indeed. 4-3-3 worked very well, we should'nt have a problem with beating Gillingham.

Several positives to come out of the game - good formation, McCammon looked eager, Knight played well, defence did fairly well. We outplayed them, and were very unlucky not to score on several occasions.

A couple of negatives, we lost because that's what happens when you don't take your chances. Harding seems to make at least 1 almighty f*ck up per game. He is still young and has time to develop, not fair to write him off, although he does give cause for concern.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we play like that against Gillingham, we'll win easily. I thought McCammon did OK, when he gets match fit he should be an asset. Each time a cross came in he was well placed, unlike Virgo who still doesn't think like a striker.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought we played well last night and certainly didn't deserve to lose.

What has Mayo done to upset McGhee? I would prefer him at left back to Jonah IF McGhee is going to drop Harding.

Hinsh had a great game as did Reid at the back. Butters was his normal dependable self (and instructing the other defenders as DC used to do)

Leon had his best game this season for us and found plenty of space.

Some nights (or afternoons) things just don't go your way and that was one of them. We could have scored at least three and certainly had a penalty (Can we have Mr Beeby reffing for us every week?)

McCammon brought an Iwelumo touch to the team and will improve as he gets match fit.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I walked out of the ground in shock last night. If we had drawn the game I would have been saying that we were robbed but to lose is just a total disgrace. heard stoke fans saying that a draw would have ben a fair result. Well sorry but that is Bollox. We outplayed them in every department and IMHO was our best home performance this season by a long way. Felt so sorry for Leon. What does that bloke have to do to score. McCammon has a first touch of a shire horse but worked his socks off. Charlie as teancious as ever. Hinsh looked superb at the back and everyone else including Harding played really well. We played like that against Rotherham and only scraped a win. lost this time but if we continue to play like that we are going to give someone a right spanking and fingers crossed that is going to happen on Boxing day against Gillingham.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bha.fatboy said:
I walked out of the ground in shock last night. If we had drawn the game I would have been saying that we were robbed but to lose is just a total disgrace. heard stoke fans saying that a draw would have ben a fair result. Well sorry but that is Bollox. We outplayed them in every department and IMHO was our best home performance this season by a long way. Felt so sorry for Leon. What does that bloke have to do to score. McCammon has a first touch of a shire horse but worked his socks off. Charlie as teancious as ever. Hinsh looked superb at the back and everyone else including Harding played really well. We played like that against Rotherham and only scraped a win. lost this time but if we continue to play like that we are going to give someone a right spanking and fingers crossed that is going to happen on Boxing day against Gillingham.

As you know I wasnt there last night but if we played as well as you say we played then maybe our best isn't gonna be good enough this season. If thats the case then the next 5 months isnt exactly gonna fly by. :(

BTW, I have spent the last hour checking the form for tonights dogs and think I have pulled out a winner in each race. :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chez said:
As you know I wasnt there last night but if we played as well as you say we played then maybe our best isn't gonna be good enough this season. If thats the case then the next 5 months isnt exactly gonna fly by. :(

A year ago we lost at Tranmere and didn't play half as well as we did last night.

Things never stay that bad for long.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:

BTW, I have spent the last hour checking the form for tonights dogs and think I have pulled out a winner in each race. :clap:

Let me guess Lola right ??? mmmm think I will not be putting any money on her.

On a football note mate all we need is a bit of luck. every ball fell to one of their players, the keeper saved Knights effort but did not anything about it. Dan got body slammed like something out of the WWE for their goal and some of the decisions by the ref ( not to blame for the Penalty accoriding to Leon as he said it was the Linesamn that said it was not a penalty ) were questionable to say the least.
Mark my words slick, we are going to win and win big in one of our next 4 games and th I can see us pulling up the league slightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here