Well off topic...only for techies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
This is a little dull but I could do with some advise. (If you are un-techie, trust me, don't bother reading any further)...

I've got a Sony Handycam thing and on opening the box I imediately threw away the CD Rom that came with it, so I can't get my footage from the camcorder onto my laptop. Is there any way to get another one without paying the £43 the bastards at sony are trying to charge me for a new one? Or is there somewhere one can download this type of thing? I think I've still got the USB cable.

Thank you for your time.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
This is a little dull but I could do with some advise. (If you are un-techie, trust me, don't bother reading any further)...

I've got a Sony Handycam thing and on opening the box I imediately threw away the CD Rom that came with it, so I can't get my footage from the camcorder onto my laptop. Is there any way to get another one without paying the £43 the bastards at sony are trying to charge me for a new one? Or is there somewhere one can download this type of thing? I think I've still got the USB cable.

Thank you for your time.

:tosser: :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that Sony, not content with charging far more than most manufacturers, will charge you for that software. I used to have a Sony PDA where the CD got damaged and when I tried to get the driver for it that bastards tried to charge me. Needless to say I don't use it now and neither will I buy from Sony again.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Don't think you need to use sony specific software just to stream video onto your PC through it's USB cable. Most video editing software will offer a video capture facility.. you might need the drivers tho, if XP/Vista doesn't recognise your camcorder when you connect it up.

Thank you for your time.

Are you SURE you had the box?
I mean who "throws away the CD ROM"?

You NICKED a camera, and want our help to get it to work for you! :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports