Well O/T - Sunday league player registration rules

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can anyone answer this - If i'm registered to play for a Sussex Sunday League side and want to play for a Worthing and Horsham sunday league side can I be registered to both given that they are different leagues? Looked around google but couldn't find anything. If anyone could give me a link that would be good.
Cheers

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i believe so - at hassocks we register with both the county league for first and reserves, and the mid sussex league for thirds, and seeing as saturday football is more 'serious' and that is the highest league you can get to in the county, i would imagine it is ok

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In theory yes you can but some leagues take a dim view of it and in their rules do not permit you to do so. It is really down to the individual league rules.

This is why neighbouring County FAs like Surrey Hampshire and Kent are advised of suspensions because many players who live or play on the borders eg Dorking, Rye, Chichester will sign for a league in both counties.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
You always used to be able to register across different leagues. For years I played in the Worthing & Horsham League (or Steyning League as it was then) and the Sussex Sunday so I could help a mate out if I didn't have a game and they were short. On Saturdays our First Team was in the West Sussex League and our reserves in the Worthing League so we were all dual registered.

I'm sure that even now, some intermediate players are registered with both Ryman and County League clubs.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You always used to be able to register across different leagues. For years I played in the Worthing & Horsham League (or Steyning League as it was then) and the Sussex Sunday so I could help a mate out if I didn't have a game and they were short. On Saturdays our First Team was in the West Sussex League and our reserves in the Worthing League so we were all dual registered.

I'm sure that even now, some intermediate players are registered with both Ryman and County League clubs.

correct - joel harding at hassocks is registeredwith us in the county, and horsham ymca in the ryman should they have a keeper crisis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports