Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] We'll never stop the supply of drugs, so how do we reduce the demand?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It worked for me.

Never been interested in the stuff.

What goes up must go down.

Perhaps my love for sporting adrenalin saved me, perhaps, my willpower stopped me,
Or perhaps my Tory up bringing saved me.

Your reason for caution is the same as mine. No explanations necessary :thumbsup:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Cocaine

Back in the day when some of us were youngsters it was for the likes of Alex Hurricane Higgins or Jamie Blandford, now talking to a couple of local pub landlords in Worthing its a real issue, and only getting worse.

Partly due to the fact that whilst we were in lockdown the South American cartels didn't furlough their staff so there is apparently a huge surplus of the old Bolivian Marching Powder, which brings the price down drastically.

But do you think any British Government will ever legalise it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Back in the day when some of us were youngsters it was for the likes of Alex Hurricane Higgins or Jamie Blandford, now talking to a couple of local pub landlords in Worthing its a real issue, and only getting worse.

Partly due to the fact that whilst we were in lockdown the South American cartels didn't furlough their staff so there is apparently a huge surplus of the old Bolivian Marching Powder, which brings the price down drastically.

A thread on drugs only last week
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...upply-of-drugs-so-how-do-we-reduce-the-demand

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Thought he was a new SINGING

Edit: I was clutching at straws with this “hilarious” post in the first instance. I’ve got no chance now they’ve been merged!

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

:lolol: cocaine , surplus and price down ....i have never heard those words used in a sentence before.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
When I lived in Clapham (people may remember) they had a trial of ignoring cannabis use. Quite nicely the place smelt of weed for a bit because everyone came down the smoke it but it attracted a raft of class A dealers.

Similarly, I lived off a notorious street that had a notorious weed shop that everyone knew about, including the Police. Next door was a well known bar where people went to smoke it.

Just to clear, everyone knew and the bar was often mentioned in the mainstream press / TV regarding discussion on legalising weed.

Randomly the Evening Standard ran a story about the shop, it went unnoticed, A few weeks later the Mail re-ran it as their own, presumably they bought it.

Landor Road..?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
one would suggest a table and chair with suitable lighting.

Exactly,

This was a fun day.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7210754.stm

It was such a huge operation the Police sent their "catering" team. The vehicle numbers are TEAPOT1 and TEAPOT2

p75__teapot_1_support_vehicle.jpg

https://londonist.com/london/best-of-london/london-s-oddest-emergency-service-vehicles

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I saw this the other day.
A 61 year old woman from Worthing, had £19k in her handbag when stopped by the police, a further £33k found at her address along with cannabis and amphetamines worth £68k and more than 3000 stolen items, and she gets the grand total of 9 months inside, probably out in 4-5 months.
There is no deterrent for these kind of people if that is the sentencing handed out. Get tough with these people, it's the only way to start getting a handle on things again.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20192370.worthing-woman-forfeits-100-000-drugs-conviction/

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A 61 year old woman from Worthing, had £19k in her handbag when stopped by the police, a further £33k found at her address along with cannabis and amphetamines worth £68k and more than 3000 stolen items, and she gets the grand total of 9 months inside, probably out in 4-5 months.
There is no deterrent for these kind of people if that is the sentencing handed out. Get tough with these people, it's the only way to start getting a handle on things again.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20192370.worthing-woman-forfeits-100-000-drugs-conviction/

i wondered why she wasn't answering the phone ....!! i'll change my ticket to November.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

actually , i hope your not too offended , look at what Sunak's wife got away with , don't worry yourself about a bit of weed , some speed and a bit of lippy ffs...!! get a grip...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here