Well I'm glad Harley started tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
First 60 mins he was absolutely GASH. Better towards end of 2nd half but the penalty was unforgivable. Weak and down the middle, everything you are told NOT to do when taking penalties.....Spaz looked good again on the plus side.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Yes, the penalty was abysmal. Penalties should be struck hard and if the keeper guesses correct...fine.

HOWEVER, I firmly believe that Ryan Harley is going to be a very valuable asset to the club. He needs a decent recent run out and will undoubtedly come good. Some of his play tonight was spot on and he certainly got better as the game wore on. He has a very firm shot and oozes class at times. Give him a chance to settle in FFS. He is the sort of player that looks too casual at times but when he is good, he is very good.........and trust me he will get much better.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
yes, the penalty was abysmal. Penalties should be struck hard and if the keeper guesses correct...fine.

However, i firmly believe that ryan harley is going to be a very valuable asset to the club. He needs a decent recent run out and will undoubtedly come good. Some of his play tonight was spot on and he certainly got better as the game wore on. He has a very firm shot and oozes class at times. Give him a chance to settle in ffs. He is the sort of player that looks too casual at times but when he is good, he is very good.........and trust me he will get much better.

this.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Arrogant, lazy, tosser...........and those are Harleys good points.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ryan Harley is a f***ing DISGRACE to Brighton and Hove Albion. I have not seen a more pathetic footballer since Tommy Fraser. GET RID of this incompetant buffoon NOW.

Well that's given me hope. He was gash tonight but after you've given your input I'd imagine he's up for player of the season.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
He was slow, weak and generally crap tonight. No guts, little effort, set pieces, corners and the penalty were all awful. Doesn't even deserve to be on the bench.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can't see how I can be wrong on this. He's slow on the ball, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't seem to have exceptionally good passing. In fact, he just plays the simple ball all the time. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but a) he does it really slowly, and b) he never moves into space once he's done it. He's also a complete BOTTLER. For a supposed creative/attacking midfielder, has he actually set up a chance yet? It's looking like £250k pissed right up against the wall.

No on tonight's performance you are right. But you have been proved so blindly wrong in the past - it's given me hope. Cheers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
b interesting to c what reception he gets if played next week...barely got any applause at all when announced as one of the subs at the hull game...o dear me

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
He was utter utter gash tonight. Offered f*** all when not on the ball. Easily dispossesed with it. 2 of his 3 corners didnt get 3 feet off the floor and went straight to the first man. I can't even talk about that penalty. He had a 5 min spell in the second half where he actually manged 2 or 3 decent passes and that was it.

I would lose no sleep if he never played for us again, if it werent for the fact we are paying him £8k a week on a 3 year deal. We've been mugged!

I bow down to your superior knowledge... obviously you see him in training every day... you must be a football team manager.. what team???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes, the penalty was abysmal. Penalties should be struck hard and if the keeper guesses correct...fine.

HOWEVER, I firmly believe that Ryan Harley is going to be a very valuable asset to the club. He needs a decent recent run out and will undoubtedly come good. Some of his play tonight was spot on and he certainly got better as the game wore on. He has a very firm shot and oozes class at times. Give him a chance to settle in FFS. He is the sort of player that looks too casual at times but when he is good, he is very good.........and trust me he will get much better.

There must be a good player in there based on his performances for Exeter and how much Gus wanted him BUT where do these run of games come from? He has done nothing of note so far (bar the free kick) and is he better than Vicente, if not who does he replace. Not going to get round the pitch like Sparrow, can't defend like Bridcutt so where does he fit in?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I bow down to your superior knowledge... obviously you see him in training every day... you must be a football team manager.. what team???

What on earth are you on about? :dunce: Everything I have written is in relation to what I saw last night (and every other game Ive watched him play in).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports