Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Huddersfield fully deserved over the course of the match

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Huddersfield will have to rebuild their team, as they had so many loans.

What are the rules on loan players? Had a quick look at the rules for last season and it seemed to indicate that EFL teams can only name 5 in a match day squad but there was no limit for the amount a PL team could name. Obviously Huddersfield's problem will be purchasing or loaning the same players that performed so well for them this season otherwise they are going to have to be very clever in their recruitment especially as they will have to bolster a previously small squad.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm pleased overall, Huddersfield bring something more/different to the party than Reading, and over whole season they deserved it.

Both had massively overachieved this season, mainly down to their managers.

Stam has done a lot of good things with Reading this season, but I just don't understand why they didn't go for it more in the final. They got away with it against Fulham, who tried to win those games more, but not twice in a row.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are the rules on loan players? Had a quick look at the rules for last season and it seemed to indicate that EFL teams can only name 5 in a match day squad but there was no limit for the amount a PL team could name. Obviously Huddersfield's problem will be purchasing or loaning the same players that performed so well for them this season otherwise they are going to have to be very clever in their recruitment especially as they will have to bolster a previously small squad.

They can only have two loans from Prem clubs, and not the same club. There can be three other loans from European sides.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Heartbreak for Reading fans - 4th time failed during a PO final. You wouldn't go 'next time' and who could blame em. Must be unbearable to watch and experience yet again. Well done Huddersfield who will now nick our limelight!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wanted Huddersfield to go up quite simply because they will need to build a Premiership squad next year virtually from scratch and I am not sure they have the funds to do that an survive.

However, I can't go with the sense that they deserved it. Over a 46 game season they had a negative goal difference. That tends to suggest that they stifled the life out of teams during the season and YES they were great at home when they deservedly won against us but over a 46 game season, I think there were probably a couple of other clubs who deserved it more.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Heartbreak for Reading fans - 4th time failed during a PO final. You wouldn't go 'next time' and who could blame em. Must be unbearable to watch and experience yet again.

aa6e0a34cdb0f489299aa0637a1e7515.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Living up this way I know a few Royals fans and they're not all Tinpot...most are but not all ;) Gotta feel a bit sorry for the hardcore, 4 times at Wembley in recent times is a terrible heartbreaking experience for them

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm pleased overall, Huddersfield bring something more/different to the party than Reading, and over whole season they deserved it.

Both had massively overachieved this season, mainly down to their managers.

Stam has done a lot of good things with Reading this season, but I just don't understand why they didn't go for it more in the final. They got away with it against Fulham, who tried to win those games more, but not twice in a row.

Because they're bottle jobs.
If they had have gone for it, they'd have stood a much better chance of winning.
Reading absolutely blew it today

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Living up this way I know a few Royals fans and they're not all Tinpot...most are but not all ;) Gotta feel a bit sorry for the hardcore, 4 times at Wembley in recent times is a terrible heartbreaking experience for them

All the Reading fans I know supported them at Elm Park when they were the Biscuitmen and most hate the Royals nickname and the whole soulless Madejski experience. But any club that lists its fans on the team sheet is taking tinpottery to a ridiculous level and deserves all it gets.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I wanted Huddersfield to go up quite simply because they will need to build a Premiership squad next year virtually from scratch and I am not sure they have the funds to do that an survive.

However, I can't go with the sense that they deserved it. Over a 46 game season they had a negative goal difference. That tends to suggest that they stifled the life out of teams during the season and YES they were great at home when they deservedly won against us but over a 46 game season, I think there were probably a couple of other clubs who deserved it more.

Huddersfield only won by more than one goal on just 3 occasions during the league season, one of which was against us and i guess that result and performance is where the 'they deserved it' comes from?

Saturday 21st January - Sky Bet Championship - Huddersfield Town 2 0 Ipswich Town
Thursday 2nd February - Sky Bet Championship - Huddersfield Town 3 1 Brighton and Hove Albion
Wednesday 5th April - Sky Bet Championship - Huddersfield Town 3 0 Norwich City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here