Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Well done Frank Lampard

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I loved your (user)namesake's goal night for Derby, a stunner.

More reason to change my NSC user name. Harry Wilson was (well, you know who he was). This new kid on the block needs to change his name to Harry H Wilson to distinguish himself from the original, rather like the actor in Steptoe did, to distinguish himself from the bloke with his hand up Sooty's arse. You can tell, I'm quit cross about this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you know I don’t actually remember but I’ll hazard a guess that we went out to the first decent team we played?

Edit just looked it up and I was right :smile:

I loved the Albion vs Palace reserve game in front of about 8k fans though I have to admit

I enjoyed beating Palace and Boro. Getting to the quarter finals was good even if it was 'easy'.

Chris Hughton can't win, can he? He doesn't take the League Cup seriously/he gives the reserves a chance.
We get to the quarter finals of the FA cup but it was against easy teams!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed beating Palace and Boro. Getting to the quarter finals was good even if it was 'easy'.

Chris Hughton can't win, can he? He doesn't take the League Cup seriously/he gives the reserves a chance.
We get to the quarter finals of the FA cup but it was against easy teams!

Winning the hard games against good sides occasionally would be nice, when was the last time we beat a good side? Manchester City under MA? I don’t blame CH for not taking cups too seriously but it doesn’t mean I don’t miss great cup runs. There are so many Albion fans who haven’t really experienced the magic of turning over a big team in the latter stages of a cup.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Winning the hard games against good sides occasionally would be nice, when was the last time we beat a good side? Manchester City under MA? I don’t blame CH for not taking cups too seriously but it doesn’t mean I don’t miss great cup runs. There are so many Albion fans who haven’t really experienced the magic of turning over a big team in the latter stages of a cup.

Not even Sheffield Wednesday in the semi final as they were a division below us, although the win against Liverpool was brilliant. And again the next year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why exactly does Fat Frank playing a full strength team at Old Trafford warrant praise? Or is this another subtle dig at Hughton

Yep, two or three extra games in the autumn will make them knackered come April and May. They really should be on overtime if they want them to play more than 90 minutes a week to earn their money.

Absolutely. This could be a huge boost to mentality for that group of players.

Then the following Saturday lose to Bolton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here