Well done Derby

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's hard to complain that a side that's beaten us four times this season and finished 13 points and three places above us has made the final. Hope they go up.

On a side note, they reminded me a little of Watford last year(and to a certain extent Liverpool this season). Quick attacking football that's always looking to create opportunities. I hope we can tweak our style a little to become more like that.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A bit late to this but to echo what everyone else has said: A thoroughly deserved win that felt at times like men against boys. Though Thorpe was great in the second game, but Wisdom's performance at the Amex was just brilliant, and he was my MoM over the keeper. Anyhow - best of luck to them in the final ESPECIALLY if it's against QPR when I reckon most of the country will be willing Derby on.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Excellent championship side. Play very attractive football. Wasn't even close. How we got in the play offs was amazing in the first place. Best of luck to the rams.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
All credit to Mclaren for the job he's done.

They use Martin phenomenally well. SO MANY TIMES they would have Ward or Russell on the ball, roll it into Martin whilst continuing to bomb forward to immediately support him.

It was like a glorified game of wall ball. That is EXACTLY what we should use Ulloa for. Roll it to him and support him IMMEDIATELY.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Certainly I wouldn't judge them on our games, given our awful naive defending. How good they are against properly organised teams, we'll find out in the final

Bit harsh- clearly we didn't defend well but we had one of our first choice defenders in play after Greer got injured, and he was played out of position.

I felt at the time it was going to prove insurmountable and so it proved. The last thing you want against a team as high on confidence as Derby is an entirely makeshift defence.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fair play to Derby, deserved the win and their fans created the best home atmosphere i've seen in ages. No complaints from me, best team won. I'd like to see them do well in the final especially if they are up against Redknapp's mercenaries.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lot of time for Derby - proper club, proper football town, fans who turn up in the bad times as well as good. Have had reason through work to see them a few times this season and they have been consistently impressive.

I thought sacking Clough was a mistake as they were decent at ours early in the season, but fair play to McClaren, with pretty much the same players he has made them very strong, got results and the team has held up under pressure.

I hope they go up, they will add something to the Premier League in a way that Wigan won't and QPR don't deserve to.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lot of time for Derby - proper club, proper football town, fans who turn up in the bad times as well as good. Have had reason through work to see them a few times this season and they have been consistently impressive.

I thought sacking Clough was a mistake as they were decent at ours early in the season, but fair play to McClaren, with pretty much the same players he has made them very strong, got results and the team has held up under pressure.

I hope they go up, they will add something to the Premier League in a way that Wigan won't and QPR don't deserve to.

Agree with all that. Also had chance to see them a few times this season.

Best of luck to the Rams.

Whirlwind_Ram

May 6, 2014
Thanks for all the good luck messages

As a season ticket holder, I can honestly say that was as good a performance we've put in all season

That said, every game is about small margins and over the two legs there were certainly moments which could have altered either result

Nice to see Brighton and Derby fans chatting in the pubs afterwards

Top supporters you lot :clap2:

All the very best for next season

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was unexpectedly impressed with Jamie Ward, out of all the Derby players. Annoying, excellent little sod.

I just hope- bearing in mind the prospective final opponents- that Derby haven't peaked too soon. Watford were in great form last season and they lost to a fairly average side in the final.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was unexpectedly impressed with Jamie Ward, out of all the Derby players. Annoying, excellent little sod.

I just hope- bearing in mind the prospective final opponents- that Derby haven't peaked too soon. Watford were in great form last season and they lost to a fairly average side in the final.

That sums Ward up nicely...however annoying u feel he is, you'd love him in your side

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We were beaten home and away in all four games this season so no complaints from me. Well done.

On the sponsorship front, it really surprised me that they were advertising Elites as a sponsor and also to be used within the stadium. I thought electronic cigarettes were banned from stadia too because they were too similar to cigarettes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The better side by far. They also sold out yesterday's game and created a lot of noise. Fair play to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports