Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done Brighton Bears

Stumpy Tim

Easy 10 said:
I just don't get it. A bunch of gawky, lanky streaks of piss charging up and down a school assembly hall, dunking an overly heavy beach-ball through a little net thats suspended about chin-height to most of them anyway. Games ending up 98-99, and the only surprise is when one of the teams DOESN'T score.

I'd rather paint the shed.

Wise words mate. Rubbish sport, just like most American sports really

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It dosen't matter if you think the sport is shit, the fact is a team from BRIGHTON are making waves in European sport a fact all Brightonians should be proud of!! :clap2: And in my opinion are not getting the accolades they deserve.:clap2:

Nov 3, 2003
2 edge coin really makes BRIGHTON look good but on other hand makes football look CR@P as the Basketball is getting all the success whereas the football isnt!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
FG aka Football Genius. said:
2 edge coin really makes BRIGHTON look good but on other hand makes football look CR@P as the Basketball is getting all the success whereas the football isnt!
i agree

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Juan Albion said:
Bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce miss bounce bounce miss bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce score bounce

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

You missed out the squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak of their trainers on the court.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The Wookiee said:
It dosen't matter if you think the sport is shit, the fact is a team from BRIGHTON are making waves in European sport a fact all Brightonians should be proud of!! :clap2: And in my opinion are not getting the accolades they deserve.:clap2:

Yeah, but let's be honest here, being top of European basketball is a bit like being leader of the liberal democrats. A nice achievement but you're still irrelevant.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Easy 10 said:
I just don't get it. A bunch of gawky, lanky streaks of piss charging up and down a school assembly hall, dunking an overly heavy beach-ball through a little net thats suspended about chin-height to most of them anyway. Games ending up 98-99, and the only surprise is when one of the teams DOESN'T score.

I'd rather paint the shed.

LOL
Not too inaccurate then......:dunce:

I tell you , when you see a near 7ft 230lb bloke catch a ball while he's in mid-air and then ram it through the hoop, (which is actually 10 feet high) on his way down (alley-oop) a few feet away from you, it takes your breath away.

And for those of you that only saw Worthing play, don't make me laugh. That was never Basketball! The Bears are basically players that are not quite good enough for the NBA. But awsome all the same.

Cairnsinho

Jul 14, 2003
"Yeah, but let's be honest here, being top of European basketball is a bit like being leader of the liberal democrats. A nice achievement but you're still irrelevant."

Dont mean to be rude US Seagull, but what a load of bollocks.

USA are no longer World Champions, beaten by Yugoslavia in 2002. 9 or 10 Europeans could conveivably be kitting up in this years NBA all-star game, and for now at least, the US's hold of the world game is over.

As for the Brighton Bears, whether you like the game or hate it, they've put British Club Basketball (currently in a laughable state) on the European map this season. Road wins in Lithuania and Croatia (against European giants Split) have raised their profile to unprecedented levels, good for the club, good for the city.

If people dont like it, or dont get it, fair enough. But I would dearly love one of the non-believers to go up to a Bears player and call him "A of gawky, lanky streaks of piss".

Oh, and this seasons cheerleaders are indeed horse shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I stand by my views.
I'm sure a lot of people get a lot of pleasure out of watching a 7ft 230lb man ramming things into a hoop, but I'm not one of them.
I prefer to watch a 5 ft 150lb man ramming things into a large net thankyouverymuch.

At least there's a rarity value to a goal being scored. Basketball is just points diarrohea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here