Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Barber

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Talksport this morning had a relevant article. The following clubs received universal approval for their pricing policies this weekend encouraging more fans for the future and aiding the less well of:

Man City vs Watford - from £15 for adults, and from £1 for kids

Spurs vs Coventry - from £20 for adults, and from £5 for kids

Ston vs Chelsea - from £25 for adults, and from £10 for kids.

That's enlightened thinking. Respect.

City and Spurs were playing lower league opposition so dropped price as we did last year for Wrexham and Saints have some tickets at £24 for league games. Not sure what the point of your thread is!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Talksport this morning had a relevant article. The following clubs received universal approval for their pricing policies this weekend encouraging more fans for the future and aiding the less well of:

Man City vs Watford - from £15 for adults, and from £1 for kids

Spurs vs Coventry - from £20 for adults, and from £5 for kids

Ston vs Chelsea - from £25 for adults, and from £10 for kids.

That's enlightened thinking. Respect.

And our prices were what? "From" £27 for adults and £10 for kids? Not too far away from Ston pricing but don't forget that Albion are far better to watch!.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And our prices were what? "From" £27 for adults and £10 for kids? Not too far away from Ston pricing but don't forget that Albion are far better to watch!.

quite right. How much was our Family Package (2 adults 2 kids)?

Jan 30, 2008
Amazingly, there were 15 home ties for Championship teams today.

Some of the attendances were real shockers:

21740Brighton v Newcastle
14463 Leicester v Burton
13693 Palace v Stoke
13198 Peterborough v Norwich
12370 Middlesborough v Hastings
12204 Bolton v Sunderland
11740 Derby v Tranmere
11462 Sheffield Wed v MK Dons
11447 Leeds v Birmingham
11293 Nottm Forest v Oldham
8585 Hull v Orient
6657 Charlton v Huddesfield
5364 Millwall v Preston
5091 Barnsley v Burnley
5054 Blackburn v Bristol City

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, cracking attendance, living the dream, so glad I went.
so pleased for you , sounds like it really made your day, glad i didn't go by the way:yawn:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cracking atmosphere? Are you having a laugh? The atmosphere on the tv sounded awful and like being at a morgue.

I would say the pitchside mics were adjusted for a midday kick off so they wouldn't pick up any offensive language. Not the loudest it has been at The Amex.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Christ, what a deluded post. I won't elaborate for fear of boring you to death but the TV had a massive impact on the attendance, I'm sure we'd have sold out if it wasn't on TV. Getting an extra £5 for 5000 customers might not be as good as getting an extra £5 for 21,000 tickets, even then would £5 have made much of a difference to attendance? The fact is no-one has any way of telling if he got it wrong until we have a very similar fixture which is on TV at the Amex and the ticket price is lowered. If we gain more revenue from a lower ticket price you can categorically say you were right, until then it's speculation.

I wouldn't say it's a deluded post at all and were basically both disagreeing about a hypothetical that can't be proved either way at this point. We're just on different sides of the argument. I believe the ticket prices played a larger role in keeping people away, you believe it was because it was on TV.

But I stand by the fact we could have sold significantly more tickets on Saturday if the prices hadn't been so out of kilter - and I believe the fact the attendance limped in at just over 20k demonstrates that.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can 'The Club' be quick enough to put tix on sale with the closing date for sales to ST holders to midnight before the Arsenal/Swansea game to ensure that no'one waits until The Arsenal win?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I wouldn't say it's a deluded post at all and were basically both disagreeing about a hypothetical that can't be proved either way at this point. We're just on different sides of the argument. I believe the ticket prices played a larger role in keeping people away, you believe it was because it was on TV.

But I stand by the fact we could have sold significantly more tickets on Saturday if the prices hadn't been so out of kilter - and I believe the fact the attendance limped in at just over 20k demonstrates that.

I would suggest you look at the Swansea/Arsenal poll. It's nothing to do with price. Seems a lot more people will part with their money for that game. It just goes to show other factors rather then price make a difference. I would lay money Arsenal next round same prices as yesterday would equal sell out

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would suggest you look at the Swansea/Arsenal poll. It's nothing to do with price. Seems a lot more people will part with their money for that game. It just goes to show other factors rather then price make a difference. I would lay money Arsenal next round same prices as yesterday would equal sell out

It is slightly different being that many
more people will be interested in seeing us play Arsenal than Newcastle so that'll play it's part. For that reason alone I'll agree with you that the same prices would result in a MUCH higher attendance - I don't think that means the prices were right for the Newcastle game.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Well it was alright in the ground thanks.

This.

I watched it on telly and my brother went to the game. I rang him and said "the atmosphere sounded rubbish". He said that it was actually "excellent". TV can be very misleading as they adjust the sound levels, may not have the microphones in the noisiest areas etc. I'm willing to go on the word of someone who was there rather than judge it on watching it on the telly!!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Cracking atmosphere? Are you having a laugh? The atmosphere on the tv sounded awful and like being at a morgue.

Listen to it on the 5live i player. second half was deafening. Thats because it was caught by Pearce's mic not a pitch mic. He even said 'listen to this' and shut up for a bit. I went at it was louder on the radio than at the game but the TV was quiter (yes i went, listened to it then watched it...i am sad)

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Well done Barber for just shy of 20,000 home fans bothering to turn up? Sarcasm surely?

D

Deleted member 2719

.er, no, that's bollocks. Even when we're 3-0 the amex is full of moaners for league matches.

Sorry but the AMEX ain't FULL of moaners, you may get the odd 'Barnes you are shit' type, but it certainly is not full of moaners when we are winning.

You have got to be joking!

Can you see me laughing.

But i admire the way so many will stick up for Edna even when she wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

*sigh*

Once again I see we need to step though this in baby steps.

- A 'big six*' game will sell out no matter what as would have Palace.
- A game against most other Premier League opposition would sell out if not on television.
- A game against most other Premier League opposition will not sell out if live on TV and not discounted. QED.

This is why the club priced Newcastle incorrectly...

*Arsenal, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For you Guinness Boy

sigh

But like I have argued on many threads what discount would have got those 6000 to come? If it was a small discount then maybe the club got it wrong but I for one don't think that would have the case. Many wanted the same discount as their season ticket gives them. If that had happened the taking would have been lower than what was achieved. Those who complained about the empty seats could have done something about it themselves by coming. If only 50% of the ground was full then I would be in total agreement but it was 80% full. 20% would not have been available anyway due to segregation etc so lets assume 15% remained emtpy. Basic sums assume we sold 21500 AT £30 (full price allowing for kids/oaps) = £645000 but instead sold out (95%) at £20 AT 26125= £522500 are you telling me those extra people would have made up the £122500 in pie sales, I don't think so.

So for our club the full price worked. Many other clubs needed to offer deals just to get anyone through the turnstiles, and even then played in front of a near empty stadium.

Interestingly the most populated areas yesterday were the dearest.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Well done Barber,

turning a game that would have EASILY been a sell out into a game that barely scraped over 20,000. Not impressive considering it was a 'glamour' home tie. THOUSANDS of season ticket holders felt they had been priced out and voted with their feet. Good on them.
You are overlooking the fact that if we want to reduce the ticket prices below the standard price it has to be agreed with Newcastle first, so it's not just Barber's decision. However this is NSC so don't let the facts get in the way of your flawed argument.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Amazingly, there were 15 home ties for Championship teams today.

Some of the attendances were real shockers:

21740Brighton v Newcastle
14463 Leicester v Burton
13693 Palace v Stoke
13198 Peterborough v Norwich
12370 Middlesborough v Hastings
12204 Bolton v Sunderland
11740 Derby v Tranmere
11462 Sheffield Wed v MK Dons
11447 Leeds v Birmingham
11293 Nottm Forest v Oldham
8585 Hull v Orient
6657 Charlton v Huddesfield
5364 Millwall v Preston
5091 Barnsley v Burnley
5054 Blackburn v Bristol City

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, cracking attendance, living the dream, so glad I went.

All I heard was that drawn out Aaaaaalbiiion at a very low drawl. Didn't seem to be any passion coming from the crowd, compare that to the Mansfield fans yesterday where their fans made more noise and real passion was shown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here