Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Barber

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am certain if tickets were slightly cheaper we would have sold out. There were six and a half thousand empty seats when we normally almost sell out. Almost all the other clubs on that list come NO WHERE NEAR to selling out almost every league game and most were playing crap teams so the comparison is the sort an utter fuckwit would make. The club got it wrong, we should sell out against a club that finished in the European places last season and are in the biggest ten clubs in the country.

Sorry you're the utter fuckwit. The club did not get it wrong. We were playing a team that at best is currently struggling in the lower half of the prem, at worst the squad players from the team struggling at in the lower half of the prem. Newcastle really are not one of the Biggest clubs. Not too long ago they were in our league and down the years have been a yo yo club. Great support yes but big club no.

Forget who the f*** anyone else was playing and no one has mentioned the prices of tickets at any of the other games being played, the fact remains we got more than any other Championship team playing today and by a huge HUGE margin and none of those were free to watch on tv. So sorry you are wrong, fuckwitting fuckwit!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just got home to the midlands. What a great day!
Fantastic atmosphere - better than many league matches for sure helped greatly by the range of songs and no "stand up if you hate palace" - what a delight.

Especially pleased to see so many female fans and more children than normal - many I spoke to were first timers having a great day and cementing their relationship with the club as the next generation of fans. There was a really lovely atmosphere - no absence of noise - and a great performance on the pitch. I felt quite sorry for those who have dug themselves a hole over attendance today. 21.7K is pretty damn good and all the speculation in the world wouldnt deliver a guaranteed better profit after our considerable transportation costs had the club cut the price.

I wonder if we got Man U in the next round how many would stay away on principal over ticket prices?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
double post

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am certain if tickets were cheaper we would have sold out and made more money. There were six and a half thousand empty seats when we normally almost sell out. Almost all the other clubs on that list come NO WHERE NEAR to selling out almost every league game and most were playing crap teams so the comparison is the sort an utter fuckwit would make. The club got it wrong, we should sell out against a club that finished in the European places last season and are in the biggest ten clubs in the country. If the price was right being on TV would be an irrelavance.

Well, that's your opinion. I think you're wrong but that's my opinion so we'll never know. However, what I do know is that the paucity of any substantial fact or logic to support your assertions rather favours you as the utterest where fornication and wit is concerned.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sorry you're the utter fuckwit. The club did not get it wrong. We were playing a team that at best is currently struggling in the lower half of the prem, at worst the squad players from the team struggling at in the lower half of the prem. Newcastle really are not one of the Biggest clubs. Not too long ago they were in our league and down the years have been a yo yo club. Great support yes but big club no.

Forget who the f*** anyone else was playing and no one has mentioned the prices of tickets at any of the other games being played, the fact remains we got more than any other Championship team playing today and by a huge HUGE margin and none of those were free to watch on tv. So sorry you are wrong, fuckwitting fuckwit!

:lol: You need to get your tongue out of Barbers arse mate. We should have sold out and your first paragraph is a far far better advert for why prices should have been cheaper than even I could have made. I think your a bit confused.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is no one knows how the sums add up on pricing versus break even or profit so this is all speculation really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You got your 'facts' wrong, as the club did get it wrong.

If you read Bozza's posts, club officials admitted they set the pricing to achieve a 27,000 sell out.

I'm inclined to believe Bozza and the club, over PiltdownMan's guesses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And pointless comments from you. We beat the nearest by over 7000. Why don't the moaning stay aways just admit it. The club was right with the prices and made more money than expected. I bet if we were playing the jcl's teams (manure or chelski) we would have had a sell out and suddenly the funds would have been found to buy their so over the top ticket price.

The poll on here says 70% disagree with you.

But that's not even the point. The litmus test for if the game was correctly priced isn't to compare us to the rest of the division that we're consistently outperforming attendence wise. It's to compare today's attendence against our league average.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's only one "well done" due here and that is to the thousands of Albion fans who turned out in almost unprecedented numbers to lap up the magic of the cup.

Nearly every other club in the country would want that sort of loyalty today.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

But that's not even the point. The litmus test for if the game was correctly priced isn't to compare us to the rest of the division that we're consistently outperforming attendence wise. It's to compare today's attendence against our league average.

Let's say the average ticket price was £35.00
If pricing had been 15% lower (£29.50) then we would have needed to sell 25,600 tickets to achieve the same revenue. Would we have sold that many tickets at the lower price? If not then Barber got his pricing about right.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The previous management were losing money like it was there was no tomorrow, for me as a Sth he is doing a good job and has proved it today. So well done!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

complete and utter bollocks

Cup attendances in round 3 are pretty well universally lower than league attendances and have been for some years.

Total and utter fail

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The previous management were losing money like it was there was no tomorrow, for me as a Sth he is doing a good job and has proved it today. So well done!

What was the profitability of today's game? You can give it in pounds sterling or a percentage if you prefer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You got your 'facts' wrong, as the club did get it wrong.

If you read Bozza's posts, club officials admitted they set the pricing to achieve a 27,000 sell out.

I'm inclined to believe Bozza and the club, over PiltdownMan's guesses.

Please tell me where or what I've guessed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:lol: You need to get your tongue out of Barbers arse mate. We should have sold out and your first paragraph is a far far better advert for why prices should have been cheaper than even I could have made. I think your a bit confused.

You sound such a lovely chap. My head is up no ones arse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
complete and utter bollocks

Cup attendances in round 3 are pretty well universally lower than league attendances and have been for some years.

Total and utter fail

Last season v Non League Wrexham we filled 84% of the ground. Today against top league opposition we filled 77%.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
What was the profitability of today's game? You can give it in pounds sterling or a percentage if you prefer.
Huge! Hundreds of thousands! Fantastic gate, tv money,hospitaliy,merchandise,future investment with new fans visiting/watching,
The difference is I'm a an optimist your a pessimist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here