Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Wouldn't be surprised if the French turn a blind eye to more channel crossings after this:down:

Carnage in the playground: Syrian refugee stabs a child in its pram in front of screaming mother as four kids aged around three - 'including a Brit' - are knifed in France before police overpower him​

• Witnesses said they saw a man attacking a group of children at a park in Annecy
  • The suspect, identified as Abdalmash H, was subdued at the scene and arrested
...and what conclusions do you draw from this awful news? Is this tragedy a good fit for your world view?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thank you, so I've had a look and you're right it's a thing but the evidence is all that it's very rare, almost entirely in males aged under 29 so likely linked to prior susceptibility which is men, and occurs after 2nd dose, and has near 100% recovery rate without even any treatment. In the UK almost nobody under 50 has had a booster of any kind for a long time (I'm 48 and it's over a year for me now I'm sure), so that's ruled out as contributory to the numbers I think.
there are those people who trust the likes of bill gates and pfizer ....i am not one of them , i have had 3 jabs and that will be it for me ...no more , just cast your mind back 2 years at what was going on with the lockdowns , closing of businesses many of which have never recovered and we now have had an across the board elevation of prices for building products , gas and oil , food of all sorts and last but by no means least interest rates .....we are getting shafted at every junction , you toddle off and get jabbed as many times as you want , thats your perogative , mine is to say not any more thanks....if you have read my previous posts you will know i have 2 nurses in my household , the hospital where my wife works now has 2 wards full off people with influenza , it is killing more people here than covid did but there is no hysteria ....we were all had , just admit it and move on.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
there are those people who trust the likes of bill gates and pfizer ....i am not one of them , i have had 3 jabs and that will be it for me ...no more , just cast your mind back 2 years at what was going on with the lockdowns , closing of businesses many of which have never recovered and we now have had an across the board elevation of prices for building products , gas and oil , food of all sorts and last but by no means least interest rates .....we are getting shafted at every junction , you toddle off and get jabbed as many times as you want , thats your perogative , mine is to say not any more thanks....if you have read my previous posts you will know i have 2 nurses in my household , the hospital where my wife works now has 2 wards full off people with influenza , it is killing more people here than covid did but there is no hysteria ....we were all had , just admit it and move on.
I've not read any of your previous posts but I'm open minded which is why I'm interested in seeing evidence and data. If we're going on anecdotal stories then I met a head of an NHS trust in March and several very senior NHS people who told me their biggest challenge since the height of the pandemic is still COVID.

If you have read my previous posts then you'll know I lost a colleague to COVID and had long COVID myself before it was recognised as a "thing". 9 months which were pretty grim before recovering. If you don't believe COVID was serious I could say "you've been had, just admit it and move on," because my own experience is that it could be a major, life-threatening issue for many, but instead I'm genuinely curious and open to being convinced by proper evidence.

For what it's worth I don't trust Bill Gates. Nothing to do with COVID but from having mates whose aid work relies on philanthropic funding it's given me a general mistrust of billionaires who regardless of their intention perhaps being good, may sometimes allow their personal areas of interest to override what's actually needed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with a lot of your comments, albeit the retrospectroscope is a powerful instrument.

The elephant in the room is that it was quickly obvious the over 70s were at very high risk of death from Covid, so targeted isolation till they could be vaccinated would have had a massive benefit, and would have been miles cheaper and less disruptive. Because younger people and people without predisposition were no more at risk of death than from flu. Instead we sent the vulnerable home to care homes where minimum wage transitory staff went from building to building, infecting and killing thousands.

Governments everywhere vacillated (no pun intended) and instead attempted to make blanket rules curtailing basic freedoms and the ability to run and work in businesses that in hindsight were inappropriate.

It was only after I got Covid and was barely affected that I stopped panicking.

It was a global failure of leadership. Which in itself is a worry.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I agree with a lot of your comments, albeit the retrospectroscope is a powerful instrument.

The elephant in the room is that it was quickly obvious the over 70s were at very high risk of death from Covid, so targeted isolation till they could be vaccinated would have had a massive benefit, and would have been miles cheaper and less disruptive. Because younger people and people without predisposition were no more at risk of death than from flu. Instead we sent the vulnerable home to care homes where minimum wage transitory staff went from building to building, infecting and killing thousands.

Governments everywhere vacillated (no pun intended) and instead attempted to make blanket rules curtailing basic freedoms and the ability to run and work in businesses that in hindsight were inappropriate.

It was only after I got Covid and was barely affected that I stopped panicking.

It was a global failure of leadership. Which in itself is a worry.
it was a bloody farce mate from start to finish and it has paved the way for the reset which was mooted at the time , the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say...all the best old chap.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've not read any of your previous posts but I'm open minded which is why I'm interested in seeing evidence and data. If we're going on anecdotal stories then I met a head of an NHS trust in March and several very senior NHS people who told me their biggest challenge since the height of the pandemic is still COVID.

If you have read my previous posts then you'll know I lost a colleague to COVID and had long COVID myself before it was recognised as a "thing". 9 months which were pretty grim before recovering. If you don't believe COVID was serious I could say "you've been had, just admit it and move on," because my own experience is that it could be a major, life-threatening issue for many, but instead I'm genuinely curious and open to being convinced by proper evidence.

For what it's worth I don't trust Bill Gates. Nothing to do with COVID but from having mates whose aid work relies on philanthropic funding it's given me a general mistrust of billionaires who regardless of their intention perhaps being good, may sometimes allow their personal areas of interest to override what's actually needed.
well ive had systemic septicaemia , both legs and pelvis smashed in a car crash and cancer .....covid was a breeze, all the best mate , i hope you are recovered , i have no faith in authority i'm afraid that fella Dominic Cummins was it ...?? what an absolute bag of shit he was Gates, Rothschilds , Bezos , Soros , Schwab , Reinhart , Rockefeller .....wronguns the lot of them.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
...and what conclusions do you draw from this awful news? Is this tragedy a good fit for your world view?
Like I said in my post really , I wouldn't be surprised if the French people would be more amenable to refugees leaving their country for other safe havens after the incident reported in the park in Annecy . I can't imagine that the loss of the over 800 that made it safely across the Chanel this weekend is being mourned there by many

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Like I said in my post really , I wouldn't be surprised if the French people would be more amenable to refugees leaving their country for other safe havens after the incident reported in the park in Annecy . I can't imagine that the loss of the over 800 that made it safely across the Chanel this weekend is being mourned there by many
Just drilling down on the language of your comment.... 'wouldn't be surprised.....', 'can't imagine.....'

That horrifying and shattering event would inevitably have an instant emotional impact on anyone who followed the tragic story.

I speculate that it will be fully exploited as a moral panic by the unscrupulous right wing media who seek to promulgate general fears about immigration using this awful act as evidence (and that of several other individual cases amongst literally thousands that the press are quick to covertly link to 'invading foreigners').... but that is my speculation. Let's see....

Ah yes... here we are.... a mere few hours after the story broke.....

- but you seem engulfed in the realms of evidence free speculation/suggestion/innuendo and have completely accepted the anti immigration line churned out. Please do let me know if I am mistaken about that.....

'channel'

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just drilling down on the language of your comment.... 'wouldn't be surprised.....', 'can't imagine.....'

That horrifying and shattering event would inevitably have an instant emotional impact on anyone who followed the tragic story.

I speculate that it will be fully exploited as a moral panic by the unscrupulous right wing media who seek to promulgate general fears about immigration using this awful act as evidence (and that of several other individual cases amongst literally thousands that the press are quick to covertly link to 'invading foreigners').... but that is my speculation. Let's see....

Ah yes... here we are.... a mere few hours after the story broke.....

- but you seem engulfed in the realms of evidence free speculation/suggestion/innuendo and have completely accepted the anti immigration line churned out. Please do let me know if I am mistaken about that.....

'channel'

Thank you for the spelling correction

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
More important are the sentiments I expressed to you. I hope they may stimulate civil debate on the matter....
Probably not , currently looking after my 2 year old granddaughter so the incident with the Syrian toddler stabber may well be skewing my opinions right now .
BTW just been reported that the University students that died in Nottingham today were stabbed by an African migrant , wasn't expecting that .
Pleased that my youngest daughter is back home from her course until September

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Probably not , currently looking after my 2 year old granddaughter so the incident with the Syrian toddler stabber may well be skewing my opinions right now .
BTW just been reported that the University students that died in Nottingham today were stabbed by an African migrant , wasn't expecting that .
Pleased that my youngest daughter is back home from her course until September
Thank you for replying. I have three grand daughters and, probably like you for your grand daughter, would do anything, anything to protect them from danger. If I have the opportunity, I will teach them to be wary of psychopaths, zealots and various other dangerous people whom they may encounter in life. I will not be drip, drip, drip feeding them the idea that migrants are dangerous per se but I would be outlining the importance of recognising that there are unhinged people from every walk of life and background who are bent on doing others harm, including racists......

By the way, here's another horror case revealed today but no immigrants involved. Shocking stuff but I am not sure what conclusions I can hint to others about it.... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...nd-partner-guilty-over-death-of-boy-9-in-bath

and then of course there's https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...grant-processing-centre-kills-himself-reports which as far as I am aware you have not commented on.....

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Thank you for replying. I have three grand daughters and, probably like you for your grand daughter, would do anything, anything to protect them from danger. If I have the opportunity, I will teach them to be wary of psychopaths, zealots and various other dangerous people whom they may encounter in life. I will not be drip, drip, drip feeding them the idea that migrants are dangerous per se but I would be outlining the importance of recognising that there are unhinged people from every walk of life and background who are bent on doing others harm, including racists......

By the way, here's another horror case revealed today but no immigrants involved. Shocking stuff but I am not sure what conclusions I can hint to others about it.... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...nd-partner-guilty-over-death-of-boy-9-in-bath

and then of course there's https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...grant-processing-centre-kills-himself-reports which as far as I am aware you have not commented on.....

I haven't commented on this incident either

Asylum seeker charged with 'rape' of a woman just 40 days after arriving in Britain on small boat​

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I haven't commented on this incident either

Asylum seeker charged with 'rape' of a woman just 40 days after arriving in Britain on small boat​

That's interesting. So what is it that stirs you to make a comment on an article and what point/s do you wish to make?

Up to now your contributions just seem to be 'half' expressed views or hints on the malevolence of immigrants, with articles from openly right wing media..... that have little or no wider context.

Really... what are you trying to tell us in your comments on migration?

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

I assume many of you will be putting your names down?
immigrants.jpeg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Seems like a good plan although obviously the Afgans would have to be happy with both the standard and location of the accommodation being offered before being moved :thumbsup:

Would be interesting to learn the take up if this proposal ever came to fruition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here