Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Showing my age:

The Kids from 47a

As a youngster

And must have been when I was a teenager:

Going Out

(Which was a bit of a kitchen-sink drama, teenage angst number)

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Showing my age:

The Kids from 47a

As a youngster

And must have been when I was a teenager:

Going Out

(Which was a bit of a kitchen-sink drama, teenage angst number)
And my age is? Rag,Tag and Bobtail, Andy Pandy, Picture Book, Bill and Ben and the Woodentops. Off for my lie down now.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Stop it and tidy up was pretty weird!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jVuODEx2_9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some of the tales were just odd but i loved The Storyteller, on channel 4 if memory serves.

story4.jpg

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
What was the 70's/early eighties TV show about youngsters growing up on a farm/country pile, and riding lots of horses...

With the stirring intro song about the Lightning Tree ???

Edit: Just Googled it...Follyfoot

This was a bit odd - from the era when the BBC News was at 17:45 and for some reason they ran a 5' kiddy show immediately before, the Magic Roundabout was one.

and Quelle Surprise, it's French.

Ace of Wands was a good, and sometimes creepy, show.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember a programme from the 1970s with a chair that could talk? Probably just me then!

Also, Tottie - Story of a Doll's House, the first children's programme to feature one of the characters burning to death. f***ing scary at the time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Wasn't there programme based around an exchange visit wheer some plucky young brit invaded Europe for a week or so to see how johnny foreigner coped with being ... well, foreign, and the returned the compliment by letting them share a week in a jolly good british two up two down semi detached in Romford.

blowed if I can remember what it was called tho. Thought it was something like "You and Me" but have googled and not found what I thought it was.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
'Do not Adjust Your Set'. Absolutely LOVED that but it was well freaky. It was done by, among others, Eric Idle, Michael Palin and Terry Jones so it was sort of a proto-Python.

I seem to remember David Jason was in it as well. Didn't they do "Superbicyclerepairman".

Edit - no sorry, that really was Monty python - I was thinking of Captain fantastc, seen here with the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah band.

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET - Captain Fantastic - YouTube

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here