Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Weird shit you remember

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
That battered sausage thread got me thinking.

On October 2nd 1984 i went to Wimbledon v Brighton. I got off at at Clapham Junction, went in Corals, backed a horse called Karen’s Star which won at 5/1. Celebrated by having a battered sausage n chips and a pint in the pub near Plough Lane with Gaz the postman. I got served no problem although I was only 17.

On November 5th 1988 we beat Shrewsbury 3-1 and I walked to Shoreham and had a Cod n Chips from that Chippy opp The old Windmill pub in Southwick. It was delicious. I went to a party in Worthing that night.

I remember endless boring/non fish and chip events from the 80s
Why is it I can’t remember what I did yesterday?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
5020 1600

Years of working in retail and the bloody things never scanning properly has imprinted the barcode number for a Cadbury Creme Egg into my mind.

If you prefer a Cadbury Caramel Egg, that's 5020 1969.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

On October 2nd 1984 i went to Wimbledon v Brighton. I got off at at Clapham Junction, went in Corals, backed a horse called Karen’s Star which won at 5/1. Celebrated by having a battered sausage n chips and a pint in the pub near Plough Lane with Gaz the postman. I got served no problem although I was only 17.

On November 5th 1988 we beat Shrewsbury 3-1 and I walked to Shoreham and had a Cod n Chips from that Chippy opp The old Windmill pub in Southwick. It was delicious. I went to a party in Worthing that night.

Your short term memory is battered and fried?

Count yourself lucky. I can’t remember why I went into a room; nor can I remember much of the ‘80s!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Mr Garlick - won Fish & Chip Shop of the Year in the mid 1980s. Also served halibut on occasion!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I worked at Tesco, downstairs at the back of Churchill square through a summer holiday.
The manager was a Mr Diplock.
To print a Z read from the till onto the receipt roll you had to key in
subtotal 1111 cash 88 valid 0001 subtotal 01x
This was 44 years ago.
Car registrations of course; BPM 226 B my old man's darkest green mk1 cortina, the oldest, likely 1970 ish and I remember plenty since.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The one that mysteriously appeared in the morning, right the middle of my mate's lounge carpet, after several of us crashed at his place, after a heavy drinking sesh.
This was over 30 years ago, and to this day, no-one has claimed 'responsibility'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I was at that game. Lost 1-0, Alan Cork? Think we outnumbered the Wimbledon crowd but that wasn't difficult in those days. I got on the wrong train on the way home and ended up jumping on and off buses etc to get back to Victoria. Got home eventually.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1980’s Radio Brighton adverts…

”Simpson marine for all you need on the boating scene”
”KFV for your coffee and tea, your local vending experts”
”Evans Halshaw, do do do do, we don’t just know about cars, we know about arseholes”

why?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My mother's Co-op Divi number from the 1950's
My dad's Vauxhall Victor Reg number from the early 1960's 246 EWC
A lot of the top act's record labels from the 60's

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
"0898 double five double five double fiiiive chatback."

And there was one I remember ending with "gay chat"
And I'm not even gay. But I remembered it for years.
Hmmm?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1980’s Radio Brighton adverts…

”Simpson marine for all you need on the boating scene”
”KFV for your coffee and tea, your local vending experts”
”Evans Halshaw, do do do do, we don’t just know about cars, we know about arseholes”

why?
I remember Radio Brighton but it was BBC with no ads.
Do you mean Southern Sound?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The houses I used to deliver papers to over 40 years ago and which papers they had. I can't help walking past a house In Freshfield Street and remembering they were the one that had the only Financial Times.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I’ve always been able to recall random telephone numbers. I can still remember my ex father in laws telephone number in Rotterdam despite getting divorced 28 years ago 😮

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here