Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend in Bologna

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am going to Bologna with my wife and 12 year old daughter this weekend.

If anyone has been there, I'd be very grateful for any tips on things to see etc.

Climb at least one of the Twin Towers.

Eat ice cream.

Eat the best food in Italy.

Walk around the market. Walk around the city centre generally and pop into wherever takes your fancy.

Giggle at the Neptune fountain, when you find the right spot to view it from (your daughter should enjoy that).

And if you've got enough time for a day trip to Ravenna, go there and see the mosaics. A very easy train journey.

And if you find yourself at the station, notice the memorial to the victims of the bombing and try to imagine what it was like. I was also moved by the city centre memorial to the partisans who fought against the Germans in 1943-44.

Last edited:

I know 4 things about the place:

The communist stronghold of Italy - it had more "local" Communist members than anywhere in the world outside of China,:clap2:

Its meant to be a damn beautiful place, arcades, parks,

Great cuisine including the home of the bologonese sauce

and the prostitutes have the reputation for given the best blowjobs in Italy:clap2: :p

So ditch your missus and you be fine!

LC

Bologna FC are away at Catania this weekend (kick-off Friday at 8.45pm). So no live football. But there is so much televised football in Italy that you might find a bar that is showing the game. If so, watch it and take in the atmosphere.

If you arrive in time, of course.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Places to eat...

Ristorante Pappagallo, Piazza della Mercanzie, 3 tel: 051 232807/231200

Ristorante Diana, Via dell'Indipendenza, 24 tel: 051 232807

You can find both of them on the yellow pages site: www.paginegialle.it

Homing Seagull

Jul 26, 2004
Definitely eat some ice cream from Stefino in via Galliera walk slowly down the road or you might miss it - we nearly did.

For a super foody experience try Tamburini in via Caprarie but be prepared to wait if you head there for lunch its a bit popular.

And, boring as it may sound, the library is a good place to browse, eat, drink and they've got toilets and its in the middle of the city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here