Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not sure Kermogant will get a friendly welcome when Reading visit, was a viscous and uncalled for tackle.

He would have got his just desserts a few years ago. Players didn't forget challenges that were out of order. Jack Charlton's little black book might have been apocryphal but it wasn't far off the truth. No question that if he had made that tackle beyond 25 years ago, then his life would have been made very uncomfortable in the return game and he would, more than likely, have left the pitch in a horizontal position.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Not sure that these figures are accurate:

Transfer League (last 5 seasons for Championship clubs)
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/cha...r-league-tables/championship-last-five-season
PL
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Conclusion: buying only correlates with success only 50% of the time. Selling and replacing with inferior players is 90% failure.
That's interesting. A lot of guesswork obviously, and I'd have thought that our sales were more than £12m over the past 5 years when you add Leo, Bridcutt, Buckley and some fringe players. But still worth posting for the Owls to goggle at - outspending us by c £3m a season, net and we are the ones trying to buy promotion?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He would have got his just desserts a few years ago. Players didn't forget challenges that were out of order. Jack Charlton's little black book might have been apocryphal but it wasn't far off the truth. No question that if he had made that tackle beyond 25 years ago, then his life would have been made very uncomfortable in the return game and he would, more than likely, have left the pitch in a horizontal position.

I wouldn't be surprised if Duffy and or Dunk put him in his place more than once over the 90 minutes.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
No whippets....that's what we have got.....

Oh and we do not claim that Seagulls talk... no birds do in fact, apart from that lippy lass at my local...

Good thread though and some sincere Wednesday admissions and thoughts...

TNBA

TTF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No whippets....that's what we have got.....

Oh and we do not claim that Seagulls talk... no birds do in fact, apart from that lippy lass at my local...

Good thread though and some sincere Wednesday admissions and thoughts...

TNBA

TTF

My Mums parrot used to talk,she didn't work in your local though

I wonder how Super Sized wednesday are getting on selling their tickets for our Friday night clash in a couple of weeks?

They were allocated 1773 with an option to increase to 2300. They went on general sale today. Wonder if they will take the extra 500 odd or if the big club can keep them for their own fans? I'm sure we can sell them

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
True, though Leeds Rhinos are the best supported Rugby League club - Sheffield doesn't have that.

Many will support both, though. It's a bit like us supporting Sussex CCC and then Albion, not a fair comparison in my opinion.

I have to say, I was surprised how polite they were about us. I know we wouldn't be the same about them, if they were in the same position.

They make some good points about us, that we probably don't see. Good quality squad. Quality signings. Best central defender and winger in the Championship. A 25 goal a season striker. Goals from elsewhere in the team. One of the best managers. Consistency in our play. Depth of squad. Quality ground and training facilities. The list goes on.

A lot of this we take a lot of these things for granted, because we have gotten used to them. But when you add it all up, it's not surprising we are top of the league and the envy of many!

I have to say, I was surprised how polite they were about us. I know we wouldn't be the same about them, if they were in the same position.

They make some good points about us, that we probably don't see. Good quality squad. Quality signings. Best central defender and winger in the Championship. A 25 goal a season striker. Goals from elsewhere in the team. One of the best managers. Consistency in our play. Depth of squad. Quality ground and training facilities. The list goes on.

A lot of this we take a lot of these things for granted, because we have gotten used to them. But when you add it all up, it's not surprising we are top of the league and the envy of many!

The mods there have been busy keeping on top of the homphoic nonsense.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure Kermogant will get a friendly welcome when Reading visit, was a viscous and uncalled for tackle.

He's just as likely to miss the game through suspension or a 'minor' injury.

We can fairly safely say a man capable of such a cowardly act is incapable of facing the consequences.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The mods there have been busy keeping on top of the homphoic nonsense.......
Someone did call us benders, which was quaint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here