Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Wedding First Dance

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Sunshine of my life - Stevie Wonder

When you try and do a romantic first dance to it, you realise that it is a bit faster paced than you think.

We had the same. Great song and all that, and it is also a short song!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Wedding 1 - Cigarettes and Coffee by Otis Redding
Wedding 2 - Only with You - Dennis Wilson

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I know it sounds like I'm making this up, but I'm really not: a colleague of mine's wedding first dance went wrong a few years ago when the DJ accidentally (how??) played the Jim'll Fix It theme. This was at a time when it elicited bemused mirth rather than the difficult question of whether it was offensive to play or not.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Angels by Robbie Williams.

We had ensured the DJ had a copy when we booked them, but he turned up and told us he didn't have it, but did have "no regrets" instead..... not exactly suitable!!! "luckily" my sister had the CD in her car so we used that.

An ex-boss of mine had The Passenger by Iggy Pop, followed up with Silver Machine by Hawkwind!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
My brother got married and his first dance was to Bruno Mars - "I think I'm going to marry you" made me throw up..... you're already married FFS the song makes no sense!..... awful choice imho!

My friend walked down the aisle to that song, it was disgusting. Also, the lyrics to the song aren't overly romantic or suitable for a wedding - "looking for something dumb to do, I think I wanna marry you."

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My partner and I plan to have "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith when the day comes.

LennyD

Jul 15, 2009
some great songs on here, were getting married next year and think were going to have 'we are going to be friends' by the white stripes as it was one of our songs when we started going out together. not hoplessly romantic per se, but it means something to us.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My partner and I plan to have "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith when the day comes.

That's what we had for ours. According to the Mrs it's "our song".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's what we had for ours. According to the Mrs it's "our song".
We have two that we count as "our songs", but the other (Somewhere Out There by Linda Ronstadt/James Ingram) suits the current long-distance aspect of our relationship but wouldn't work so well when we're actually together all the time.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
starship - nothings gonna stop us now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here