Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] “We’d of won if Pedro scored” aka “ We'd have won if Pedro scored”

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Really? Is that a word?
It just looks... er ... a bit sort of... uncomfortable.
Not a good looking word at all.
Overdose of apostrophes 😂. Yes, I believe so, as is...below as per Collins dictionary and Wiktionary 👍

Definition of 'I'd've'​

I'd've in British English​

(ˈaɪdəv IPA Pronunciation Guide )
CONTRACTION OF
informal
I would have
I can't understand why I'd've bothered to do that."

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Overdose of apostrophes 😂. Yes, I believe so, as is...below as per Collins dictionary and Wiktionary 👍

Definition of 'I'd've'​

I'd've in British English​

(ˈaɪdəv IPA Pronunciation Guide )
CONTRACTION OF
informal
I would have
I can't understand why I'd've bothered to do that."
Why the sad face?😂

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’ve seen this a few times today but there were other chances, baleba’s for example and also we didn’t have to let two goals in.

It isn’t Joao Pedro’s fault we didn’t win!
For me there is a world of difference between 'if he'd have scored, we (probably) would have won' and 'it's his fault we didn't win!'

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It is worrying Pedro is absolute kack in front of goal hopefully he will find his shooting boots.

I think that it was Merson or one of the panel on Sky who was criticising his technique in terms of him leaning back when he struck it. I found that reassuring tbh as dodgy technique can definitely be fixed over time and I am sure RDZ and his coaches can correct it. Probably just needs more time to work with him, and for it to stick.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate Liverpool missed a sitter but Pedro's would have made it 3-2 and have still not forgiven him. Unmarked and not even on target. Our homework should have told us no good at hitting a moving ball.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Generally I'm not a fan of grammar police but the number of times you see 'of' posted instead of 'have'. Happens more & more. Seems there are people who just do not understand it may sound like 'of' when spoken but it's really the abbreviation of have :- 've. So keep at it & maybe people will learn eventually.
I’m fairly good generally with grammar but I thought it was of and not have, have sounds odd in the modern context.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Honestly think he was bit knackered at the point when he got the chance. He did a lot of running back. If he doesn't lean back it's in.

Don't know how people are being so critical, especially after what he did in Marseille a few days ago.

I think that it was Merson or one of the panel on Sky who was criticising his technique in terms of him leaning back when he struck it. I found that reassuring tbh as dodgy technique can definitely be fixed over time and I am sure RDZ and his coaches can correct it. Probably just needs more time to work with him, and for it to stick.
Hope so - he's still relatively young and it can definitely click for strikers. Have to say, watching it live I thought his United finish was a blinder, but then when I saw the playback, even that one should have been saved by their new dodgy keeper

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you PPF?

Honestly, you write some of the most ill-informed posts that I can only assume they are designed to wind up other posters.

What's your agenda on here? Or do you actually believe what you write?
Just to please you he has in fact scored all of his easy chances and one on ones in the last ten games or so. Really good player just not a natural in front of goal bar pens. Very Mac like in that respect.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Gets in front of goal and fires over the bar, done it a few times now.
Can't he just direct it down ?
Duffy did the same with his headers in front of goal, straight upwards.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
To quote Liam Brady:
If my granny had balls, she’d be my granddad

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Gets in front of goal and fires over the bar, done it a few times now.
Can't he just direct it down ?
Duffy did the same with his headers in front of goal, straight upwards.
General play really good. In front of goal, apart from penalties, he is every bit as bad as Maupay even a bit worse.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In training could you not have him literally re-enacting that scenario over and over again but correcting his finishing, so when it happens again he scores?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here