Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Web Design......help needed

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I want to design and publish my own web site.....any idea how to do this without spending a fortune?

Advice much appreciated.

Parks

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
what do you need it to do??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Depends what it is for. Plenty of sites that allow you to do your own basic site, jalbum, spanglefish, but they are basic.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Thanks - I want to set up a web site to promote a b&b, and another for my wife's business as a garden adviser. I want pics and links etc...a couple if pages perhaps but it all seems to complicated to do it my-self....is it?

Any good?

Parks

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks - I want to set up a web site to promote a b&b, and another for my wife's business as a garden adviser. I want pics and links etc...a couple if pages perhaps but it all seems to complicated to do it my-self....is it?

Any good?

Parks

I hope this doesn't break forum rules on advertising, and I have no vested interest in this company but..

...I once set up a site using Mr. Site software. It's really user friendly for a novice, very easy to use and the packages come with web hosting and domain name issuing, email, picture and sound uploading and even e-commerce facilities. You can buy their stuff in PC World or download or buy from the Mr. Site website (just google it).

Whilst not a patch on getting a pro to do it for you - for £20 you'll get a decent web presence up and running.

Finally, as the BBC would say, other web site design software packages are available:wink:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
try one.com
my website is with them. It's a very very basic package e-mail/pictures/liks etc but it does only cost £9 for the first year then approx £18 annualy thereafter

Other websites are available etc etc:bla:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Any good?

Parks

Spanglefish should cover that

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Just doing one myself funnily enough, using microsoft publisher.

Seems to look good enough for the job.

I used 123-reg.co.uk to register the domain name, which cost about £6 for 2 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here