Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing colours to Palace

The one occasion I've worn the stripes to Selhurst was when we were promoting the first REMF game at a Palace v Norwich City match. Thanks to the hospitality of The Seagulleater and his chums at The Wheatsheaf, we got tickets in the away end (apart from the young Miss Bracknell, who found herself accompanied by the SGE in the home end - carefully wrapped up in an overcoat). Oh what a jape! Once the Holmesdale end spotted us in the stripes, they spent the whole match singing anti-Albion songs, to the complete bemusement of the Norwich City fans.

Just before the end of the game, a police sergeant came up to me, with a word of advice. "Perhaps you're not aware of this, sir, but there's a bit of history between Palace and Brighton fans. I'd suggest you cover your shirt up, when you leave". "Don't worry", I responded. "We're going back to The Wheatsheaf to meet some of the Palace lads", I reassured him.

All was well.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Always wear my replica n my scarf so won't change tomorrow, wore it to Millwall n a Wall fan started talking to me because he thought the scarf n top were Millwalls :facepalm:

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
The one occasion I've worn the stripes to Selhurst was when we were promoting the first REMF game at a Palace v Norwich City match. Thanks to the hospitality of The Seagulleater and his chums at The Wheatsheaf, we got tickets in the away end (apart from the young Miss Bracknell, who found herself accompanied by the SGE in the home end - carefully wrapped up in an overcoat). Oh what a jape! Once the Holmesdale end spotted us in the stripes, they spent the whole match singing anti-Albion songs, to the complete bemusement of the Norwich City fans.

Just before the end of the game, a police sergeant came up to me, with a word of advice. "Perhaps you're not aware of this, sir, but there's a bit of history between Palace and Brighton fans. I'd suggest you cover your shirt up, when you leave". "Don't worry", I responded. "We're going back to The Wheatsheaf to meet some of the Palace lads", I reassured him.

All was well.
Sure it wasn't the Woolpack?

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire

All was well.

My uncle was with you on that day, he told me about it a few weeks ago. He said he remembers palace singing ' your gonna get your f'ing heads kicked in' :lolol: also said about the police coming over near the end.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The only reason not to wear colours is if youre planning to go mob handed into the Palace end...

Of course you should wear your colours..... What a weird thread.
If there was one match in the season that colours are not optional, its this one isnt it?

jd312

Feb 19, 2011
won't be wearing mine as i will have to get on a train with the scum after. Then again my massive smile on a train full of crying pikeys will probably give it away

Jul 5, 2003
The one occasion I've worn the stripes to Selhurst was when we were promoting the first REMF game at a Palace v Norwich City match. Thanks to the hospitality of The Seagulleater and his chums at The WOOLPACK, we got tickets in the away end (apart from the young Miss Bracknell, who found herself accompanied by the SGE in the home end - carefully wrapped up in an overcoat). Oh what a jape! Once the Holmesdale end spotted us in the stripes, they spent the whole match singing anti-Albion songs, to the complete bemusement of the Norwich City fans.

Just before the end of the game, a police sergeant came up to me, with a word of advice. "Perhaps you're not aware of this, sir, but there's a bit of history between Palace and Brighton fans. I'd suggest you cover your shirt up, when you leave". "Don't worry", I responded. "We're going back to The WOOLPACK to meet some of the Palace lads", I reassured him.

All was well.
LB the WOOLPACK has closed and been turned into flats now, shame, good memories in there, and the only time Brighton fans have been invited to our old Pub..:cheers:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here