Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We won 12-0

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
...on corners.

How can we have so many corners and fail to create a single scoring opportunity from them? Every time the ball came over it went straight to one of their defenders. Poor.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I was very disappointed with the quality of corners. Top marks for Buckley/Lopez for being able to plonk it straight on a defender's head though.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I thought some of Dicker's crosses were quite dangerous but no-one seems to have the desire to get on the end of any. The one from Buckley in the 2nd half was atrocious.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If you look at the games so far this season from corners our players are in their chosen position in the box already before the ball is crossed , thus making it easy to defend , i may have missed it but i have not seen one of our players take up a position outside the box then run into the box and connect with the corner, very strange considering the quality of some of our players that none of them have the will or nouse to take up a position other than the one they have obviously been told to stand on the training pitch .

Its not rocket science that if you run onto a crossed ball and head it you generate more power and the chances of scoring increase , yep we have scored from a corner or 2 in the past but the fact remains we do make defending them easier than it should be for the other team .

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Isn't the stat something like 1 goal is scored from every 100 corners? Might explain it.

Not disagreeing that the corners were shite today though, not that we really have anyone to aim for, apart from Calde (and he rarely plays) none of our defenders look a threat from corners.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
after watching the albion for years there seems to be a very good pattern going on, we have been shit at corners for years, usually not getting past the first defender

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Isn't the stat something like 1 goal is scored from every 100 corners? Might explain it.

Not disagreeing that the corners were shite today though, not that we really have anyone to aim for, apart from Calde (and he rarely plays) none of our defenders look a threat from corners.

Wasn't Greers goal at burnley from a corner & not forgetting el abd's against millwall.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I know the feeling....THink in the last 2 1/2 season VIlla have only scored from 2 off ALL set peices.... Pathetic and beyond belief really

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
after watching the albion for years there seems to be a very good pattern going on, we have been shit at corners for years, usually not getting past the first defender

...and throw-ins. We run away from the man with the ball and expect him to sort it out. It has ever been so....

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
...on corners.

How can we have so many corners and fail to create a single scoring opportunity from them? Every time the ball came over it went straight to one of their defenders. Poor.

Been saying this ever since we have been in this division.

Cast your minds back to when we were in League 1. We regularly came up with inventive short corners, not to mention free kicks. These were one of the reasons we won the league that season. Albeit with the help of Bennett.

Personally I have no idea why we decide to just cross it anymore, when it is clear we are not going to win any headers in the box. ??????????

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm suprised no one's mentioned Orlandi. He can take very decent corners and we definitely missed him yesterday.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
...on corners.

We are poor in the air, plain and simple. Been saying it for ages. Whilst we are much improved we lack aerial power and corners should be taken short IMO to give us a better chance of scoring. Lumping it into the area is just giving possession away time after time. Don't really know why Greer comes up for corners, he's great on the deck but for a centre half just doesn't win any challenged headers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here