Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we took the the Palace in half a pint...

New York Geezer

Feb 4, 2004
Bermondsey
In some of those boozers wearing any colours could be a bad idea, at any time!

Although most of the punters were too pissed the two times I did the crawl. How was the Albion in Rotherhithe?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Shame on you all!

Not one painted face!

No sign of one of those annoying horns.

No stupid hats or wigs.

More importantly not one Falmer For All forehead tattoo anywhere!

Call yourselves Albion? Pah!

Balti Pie Man

Jan 18, 2004
Dorset
Please don't knock any of these lads in the pictures! They have been following the Albion for years and the club would have died but for people like them.

And they have been known to have a beer or two.....

:clap: :drink: :clap: :drink: :clap:

Fair weather Albion fans!

I bet they don't even sing on the 27 bus through Westdene, even when they see a Windmill.

DAVE

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
NYG the Rotherhithe one was the same as, actually think that it is not a bad boozer. There were lots of Milwall flags outside it still, but nobody in it.

At least 2 of the pubs (Acton and Cambden) had karoke on and as they were towards the end of the day, the scene was not pleasant.

However as we did not wear colours, we will have to resign from the event and let better fans take over...

Dandyman

In London village.
London Calling said:
Fair weather Albion fans!

I bet they don't even sing on the 27 bus through Westdene, even when they see a Windmill.

DAVE

This year we're off to sunny Spain...

New York Geezer

Feb 4, 2004
Bermondsey
Uncle Buck, a surprising number of pubs started sprouting Millwall flags in the general Rotherhithe/New Cross/Bermondsey area - in the build up there was even a chappie selling 'your genuine Millwall cup final flags' outside the pie and mash on Tower Bridge Road, close to me new gaff. Bit of a shock to some of the newer inhabitants of the 'hood who clearly have no idea about the general history of the area. All they want is a Starbucks to open up.

Anyway, well done for keeping the tradition going - even if you did leave the scarfers clobber in the attic. Who knows next year the Bingo Bus might join in - now that would be interesting!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
New York Geezer said:
Uncle Buck, a surprising number of pubs started sprouting Millwall flags in the general Rotherhithe/New Cross/Bermondsey area - in the build up there was even a chappie selling 'your genuine Millwall cup final flags' outside the pie and mash on Tower Bridge Road, close to me new gaff. Bit of a shock to some of the newer inhabitants of the 'hood who clearly have no idea about the general history of the area. All they want is a Starbucks to open up.

Anyway, well done for keeping the tradition going - even if you did leave the scarfers clobber in the attic. Who knows next year the Bingo Bus might join in - now that would be interesting!

I think next year we may make it less of a secret, not sure SOL are happy with us, as we did not tell them about it until about 2 days before the event and them only one of their members turned up, so no comedy moments with a bag of chips this time.

Have to say we did the route in much better time this year, although we did cut out the one in High Barnet.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
So what was the route and how manyu pubs were involved?

Sounds like a good one!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
So what was the route and how manyu pubs were involved?

Sounds like a good one!

As you asked so nicely here are the places visited;

1. The Albion, 26b High Street SE25 6HA
2. The Albion, 20 Albion Street SE16 1JQ
3. The Albion, 94 Goldsmiths Row E2 8QY
4. The Albion, 36 Lauriston Road E9 7EU
5. The Albion, Rainham RM13 8SS
6. The Albion, Woolwich
7. The Albion, 124 Hammersmith Road W14 0QL
8. The Albion, 5 Churchfield Road W3 6EG
9. The Albion, 102 Blundell Street, N7 9BL
10. The Albion, 10 Thornhill Road, N1 1HW

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
How did you get between the pubs? Many of them walkable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here