Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should be more like Palace

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
They haven't stopped singing since the start of the game and even when they went 1-0 down they carried on and if anything they've now got louder? Why can't the atmosphere at the AMEX be close to that? We have a group in the North who sing and then a few in the West. Something that palace definitely do better than us...

What 2nd from bottom?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We should be more like Palace? What, you mean we should grow another finger, dream of burning down our house, never wash? Do me a favour.

The day I EVER want to be like those tossers is the day I breathe my last breath. Fark sake missus!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace troll - nobodies called the prick out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be fair to Edna. The concept of competition for striking places must be a somewhat alien one.

Let's not go there: Palace are hardly blessed with prolific options :)

It was more a reference to the fact I regularly seem to see Palace fans on social media begging the manager to play Gayle. For whatever reason, he hasn't seemed to fancy him. Hence: not many appearances.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He's a very odd looking individual, isn't he?

image.jpg
Dwight joins a long list of different looking strikers we've had . What they lack in some departments Edna they make up in others :blush:

Statto98

Oct 26, 2014
Palace troll - nobodies called the prick out?

Not a palace troll... A season ticket holder for 10 years thank you, was just making the point that our scummy rivals are putting us to shame in the atmosphere area and I know we can do so much better. Clearly I did not say I love palace, let's all go support palace I hate brighton now, I was making a point which people have taken too literally.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace sing a bit now they are punching above their weight but the atmosphere at Selhurst when they were in the Championship was dreadful.
Indeed.

Do they still have that infernal drum ???

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Good to see Gayle making the most of his annual appearance at Selhurst Park.

Let's not go there: Palace are hardly blessed with prolific options :)

It was more a reference to the fact I regularly seem to see Palace fans on social media begging the manager to play Gayle. For whatever reason, he hasn't seemed to fancy him. Hence: not many appearances.
Not blessed with prolific options in relation to whom? Sure, there are plenty of PL clubs with more resources, but it's a strange criticism to come from a supporter of a club whose fans pine for the return of a player who had to leave the club on loan to have more first team opportunities.

In terms of minutes played per goal in the PL, Dwight Gayle is one of the most prolific around. However, as Palace's setup for most games is primarily to be stout in defence and attack on the break, the superior all round play and physicality of Campbell (and previously Jerome) was often preferred. Both Pulis and Warnock very much 'fancied' Gayle the player, hence he's still at the club, learning his trade, and playing far more PL minutes than the likes of players who elect to stay at clubs like Brighton.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not a palace troll... A season ticket holder for 10 years thank you, was just making the point that our scummy rivals are putting us to shame in the atmosphere area and I know we can do so much better. Clearly I did not say I love palace, let's all go support palace I hate brighton now, I was making a point which people have taken too literally.

I call bullshit. You're a Palace troll. Not even a very good one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here