Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We play "boring, Swansea style keep ball"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That spell in the first half when we kept the ball for what seemed like 5 minutes was amazing.Couldn't believe what i was watching!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
To be fair there is a very low twat:ratio on that site and Prentice gave a seriously professional preview of the match

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it Swansea also totally outplayed Watford?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Their manager says they played below par. I would say that he should have simply said 'We were outplayed'. Keep this team topgether as it augers well for the Championship. Beating Pompey wasn't a huge surprise but yesterday was a very good result.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not boring for neutrals, it's certainly not boring for us. It's only boring for the opposition because they can't get the ball
:lol:

Sussex 'orn

Jan 9, 2011
You played very well and deserved the win. Don't think we had a shot on target?

We started with almost a 4-1-5 formation, and totally lost the midfield. The absence of Jenkins or Eustace, a holding midfield player was clear for all to see. Little Mingoia was totally out of his depth in central midfield. The game was won and lost there. We had no one playing that could break play up and win the ball back, and just got overrun every time you came forward.

Don't expect to see mister Gilmartin starting for us again in the near future, he had a shocker and certainly won't be able to replace loachy. Infact i'm trying to think of a player on our team that didn't have a shocker, the full back Hodson got beaten every time as well.

Oh well, not fussed about being in the cup but I am fussed about not being able to wear my Watford scarf around Brighton for the next couple of weeks! Hopefully we'll get one over Palarse on Tuesday!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wish we'd get over this boring samba, champagne football and get back to proper up and under stuff!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I wish we'd get over this boring samba, champagne football and get back to proper up and under stuff!

:thumbsup:

That made me laugh out loud. I too am getting sick of all this winning and yearn for the days when we'd traipse along to Gillingham and watch a side bumbling along in 91st place in the football league. *sigh*

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
The Watford fans do seem a bitter about the result on their message board and from comments on the watford observer site.
Most seem very reluctant to give us any credit, including their manager. We totally outplayed them in the first half, and the second was even at best, although I still think we shaded it in terms of possession and chances.
One comment on the watford observer site calls us "pedestrian hoofers", were these cretins watching the same game?!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here