Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Need Two Forwards Up Front At The Start

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Come on Gus it isn't rocket science Murray and Forster to start Tuesday......

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
But that takes one away from the midfield and weve been playing well wth 5 in the middle!

Lets face it, in the last 6 games against Leeds, Nowich, Charlton, Exeter, Colchester and Swindon weve lost 2!

Thats 5 of the teams in the top 6!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think that is a good formation away but we need to show more intent at home, two forwards

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think that is a good formation away but we need to show more intent at home, two forwards

Disagree. Dicker and Crofts need to do more going forward and Bennett & Lua Lua need to be more clinical with the chances they are creating and receiving..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But playing two up front did nothing for a couple of months at home. For most of the season really. The switch to 4-5-1 got gus his first home league win.

An attacking 4-5-1 should become a 4-3-3.

It's not exactly simple, either.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

The problem today was that none of the centre midfield 3 got forwards enough, Murray often had no support at all. The players used the formation in the wrong way which is why it didn't work.

I agree that Poyet should've changed it earlier in the game today, I would've brought Forster on at half time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The problem today was that none of the centre midfield 3 got forwards enough, Murray often had no support at all. The players used the formation in the wrong way which is why it didn't work.

I agree that Poyet should've changed it earlier in the game today, I would've brought Forster on at half time

I think as they had played all three subs he should have started 2nd half as well.

Clearly Poyet seems to have an issue with him still.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think as they had played all three subs he should have started 2nd half as well.

Clearly Poyet seems to have an issue with him still.

I think Poyet isn't going to extend his contract and so is bedding in a player who needs a bit of time to make his step up. The way I see it is Poyet is pretty sure we will stay up this season and is just trying to workout how he is going to build his team for next season. All the changes are indicative of this..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Poyet isn't going to extend his contract and so is bedding in a player who needs a bit of time to make his step up. The way I see it is Poyet is pretty sure we will stay up this season and is just trying to workout how he is going to build his team for next season. All the changes are indicative of this..

You may well be right so perhaps Holroyd will play more, he just looks to Jake Robinson to me but hopefully I am wrong.

Must be the end of the road for Cox

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may well be right so perhaps Holroyd will play more, he just looks to Jake Robinson to me but hopefully I am wrong.

Must be the end of the road for Cox

I dont think that he looks as likely to score as Jake Robinson. It was blatantly obvious that Forster was needed at half time and I agree with Beech Hut I think Poyet still has a major problem with NF.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Agreed - at home we need to have two up top IMO unless we have real goal hungry midfielders which (with respect to Crofts) we don't. They'll get a few but not enough so I would sacrifice 1 central midfielder at home but would be happy to keep the 4-5-1 formation away.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Also agreed. We lacked anything going forward today and it was painful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Muzza and Fozzy to start on Tuesday , I personally think Holroyd is about as good as Jonny Dixon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Muzza and Fozzy to start on Tuesday , I personally think Holroyd is about as good as Jonny Dixon.

I really do hope he is better and does well but just can't see it.

Comical bit of body popping trying to score today :lolol:

I was thinking, about 25 minutes into the game, that we had worn out the 1-striker formation. Swindon must have seen it coming, and worked out that Gus would employ it again today, and it was negated fairly routinely.

We did NOT worry their keeper, and we didn't make their defenders sweat.
We DID prove hapless inside our own area when a question was asked.
So, not much has changed and it's difficult to take many positives away from the game today in my opinion. We cannot open up league 1 sides at our home ground and in front of our own support, even when oppositions are poor, lack imagination and have a quiet away crowd. That's sad.

I have to blame Gus Poyet on this one though. Not necessarily about Forster, but generally we didn't cut the mustard.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I was thinking much the same as you as the match went on, Beachy, but then I thought to mesel' that we looked pretty good for a point carrying on the way we were. I have a feeling that GP might well have been a bit bolder if we weren't still trying to preserve our L1 status, but needs must & all that (even if his decision turned out to be the wrong one in the end). In my humble opinion, the game had 0-0 written all over it until the inevitable happened... :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here