Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to talk about Dale

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good player but would prefer Stephens.
If this goes ahead it could be of double benefit if it means Stephens stays and Derby lose a key player. Happy days.

Until Derby put their bid in for Stephens :lolol:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hope this goes through. Stephens is a better player by some distance.

Would love Hughes here though. Thorne is a brilliant player they have but he is always suffering from serious injuries.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If DS is still with us on Sept 1st that will be great. If he's still not signed a contract by Dec 31st then I suspect he will be sold in January, for well below our valuation. But as both parties have held out, it'll be up o us to get what we can

If he doesn't move in this window he may as well stay until his contract ends. There is none of his original £500k or so fee still in the accounts and the likely fee is, as you rightly say, much less attractive to us in what it can buy in January's transfer market.
He can stay and help us go up (and maybe sign for us in the EPL) or we fail and he gets a hefty signing-on fee from his next club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why would anyone believe these bullshit accounts?
They and others exactly like them have already pronounced Dale a Burnley player on three separate occasions.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'd be embarrassed if any player or club official reads these threads.( If I was a player I probably would, in fact I'd probably even sign in with an unlikely name like 'Bens Grandad' ). God knows what they'd think other than be having a good laugh.
Let's face it we all own up to knowing diddly squat, and he's either the very devil himself, or a great midfielder who's presently unfit and raring to get back in the team. I'm not even going to guess, if he goes and we get good money for him fine. If he stays I hope he'll sign another contract, would hate to lose him for nowt.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Even if Burnley have agreed a fee for Hendrick (and there is no concrete evidence so far), I would still expect them to try to sign another central midfielder to add to Defour, Marney and Hendrick. After Barton left, we were told Dyche wanted two CMs but that was to add to Marney and Dave Jones, who was surprisngly sold last week after Sheff Wed activated a release clause and offered him a more long-term deal.

So to get the ideal 4 CMs, we will need Hendrick and one other. .....I do agree with the posters above that Stephens is a superior player to Hendrick, who seems to blow hot and cold..

Still only a few days to go and everything will be much clearer.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
They have an embarrassment of riches in the centre of the park. Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson, Hughes & Thorne to name but five. The Hendrick money is to pay for £10m Vydra.

Yet they always fail. We have a better team, just need to sort out the strikers, as I may have mentioned on another thread. Maybeeee

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yet they always fail. We have a better team, just need to sort out the strikers, as I may have mentioned on another thread. Maybeeee

Same can be said of Derby though. They now have a proven manager in charge. Once it clicks for them they will be a force. Bit silly saying they always fail when they have been there and we haven't

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Same can be said of Derby though. They now have a proven manager in charge. Once it clicks for them they will be a force. Bit silly saying they always fail when they have been there and we haven't

No it's not silly Spency baby, Derby have spent a fortune in recent years and failed dismally. Long may it continue.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

I'm sorry, but do you actually watch Championship football? Or do you just pick at random what you are going to disagree with? . Are you Welsh?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm sorry, but do you actually watch Championship football? Or do you just pick at random what you are going to disagree with? . Are you Welsh?

Took you two replies to one post Dave and still post basically nonsense. Derby have recruited very well in terms of players but they failed in recruiting a decent manager. They have one now. Derby have been in a few play offs recently. Hardly a fail. Not sure you know what you are talking about if i'm honest. Plenty of them on here mind.

They will be a massive threat this season

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Are you pissed?

Nixonator, that is a serious allegation. We all know in the modern world that people don't do that anymore. It would be a crime of the utmost seriousness. Are you on ecstasy? That would be shocking, 20years ago. Have you taken a tab of lsd? You must be high to make such a crazy allegation.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Took you two replies to one post Dave and still post basically nonsense. Derby have recruited very well in terms of players but they failed in recruiting a decent manager. They have one now. Derby have been in a few play offs recently. Hardly a fail. Not sure you know what you are talking about if i'm honest. Plenty of them on here mind.

They will be a massive threat this season

They are always a massive threat you mong. Yet they have dismally failed to threaten anyone in recent years

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Nixonator, that is a serious allegation. We all know in the modern world that people don't do that anymore. It would be a crime of the utmost seriousness. Are you on ecstasy? That would be shocking, 20years ago. Have you taken a tab of lsd? You must be high to make such a crazy allegation.

You are responding twice to the same comments, with different assertions.

I felt it was a reasonable question to ask.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here