Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ‘We need to talk about Cosby”

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Came across it on BBC Iplayer, excellent thought provoking documentary about the fall from grace of America‘s Dad.

Well worth a look and if you have the time, an all four episode binge watch.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Thought he was a decent centre back for us. Oh Cosby not Crosby.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Found it rather repetitive and dull but always good to see a rapist shamed.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Amazing how he seems to be the complete opposite of his screen persona on the Cosby show . I was really shocked when the news first came out ,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Finished this last night and thought it was pretty damning of Cosby and an eye-opener as to how brazen he was about it all. Not a nice guy and I kept thinking he's effectively the US equivalent of Savile. What was utterly depressing is how rape victims are dealt with, how people with money (and power) are feared and how he effectively was freed because of a technicality, which has caused a certain element of the US (and no doubt global) population to think that the more than 60 women who came forward with stories are all lying.

Found it rather repetitive and dull but always good to see a rapist shamed.
I get what you mean, but I think it was designed to show the longevity of his crimes and also how he effectively had one 'trick' that he used time and time again – and more and more the more famous, powerful and rich he became. Complete wrong'un.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Finished this last night and thought it was pretty damning of Cosby and an eye-opener as to how brazen he was about it all. Not a nice guy and I kept thinking he's effectively the US equivalent of Savile. What was utterly depressing is how rape victims are dealt with, how people with money (and power) are feared and how he effectively was freed because of a technicality, which has caused a certain element of the US (and no doubt global) population to think that the more than 60 women who came forward with stories are all lying.

I get what you mean, but I think it was designed to show the longevity of his crimes and also how he effectively had one 'trick' that he used time and time again – and more and more the more famous, powerful and rich he became. Complete wrong'un.
One aspect was when he then, despite being a career abuser/rapist, publicly went all moralistic on the general black population about their parenting skills.

Seriously deluded.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
There was a cracking podcast about this last year, "Chasing Cosby". Lots of career details and timelines, the victims talk openly, it's very interesting. But as Greg Bobkin says above, the lack of justice (even the appearance of) is what riles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here