Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to back the team & manager whatever!!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Nearly all the phone calls on Harty's phone in where about supporting Micky and the team, and I think they are correct. Lets give things time. As long as we don't get relegated, then whats the problem?.

We should be happy he came back, we should also be happy about Falmer, but sometimes on this board it never seems good enough.

I am sure Micky comes on here. It must be so soul destroying to see people asking for him to be sacked, and I guarantee to if people continue to be negative about him, what are the chances of him saying bollox to us and clearing off, do we really really want that?

As far as I am concerned, there is no one better for the job. In my eyes he is still a legend, and eventually things will click in to place.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what are the chances of him saying bollox to us and clearing off, do we really really want that?

depends what the realistic alternatives are

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...I am sure Micky comes on here. It must be so soul destroying to see people asking for him to be sacked, and I guarantee to if people continue to be negative about him, what are the chances of him saying bollox to us and clearing off...

:eek:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Believe it or not, i don't like to complain.

I was excited to see MA come back and i really do hope he turns it around but hand on heart i truely believe we are heading for a relegation dog fight. I more than anyone hopes i eat my words on this when we go on a fifteen game unbeaten run but i can't see it at the moment. Our heads are hung low and a season that i thought would take us onto great things is evaporating in front of me.
Micky, if you read this, you are a legend in my eyes too, just sort it out at the moment though. I'd settle for safety now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. As long as we don't get relegated, then whats the problem?.

If we finish 18th, playing in front of 3,500 and season ticket renewals fall through the floor, there is a very real problem.

We should be happy he came back,

Why should we? Because of the amazing football style we are now graced with? Because of the unbridled success we're enjoying?

HE should be happy we gave him a job, more like.

I am sure Micky comes on here. It must be so soul destroying to see people asking for him to be sacked, and I guarantee to if people continue to be negative about him, what are the chances of him saying bollox to us and clearing off, do we really really want that?

Worse things have happened.

As far as I am concerned, there is no one better for the job. In my eyes he is still a legend, and eventually things will click in to place.

There are plenty of other options who we could have brought in. Yes he is. Not by MAGIC they won't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why should we back Adams whatever ? Tinselhead got till October before he was sacked so why should Adams be treated differently if this carries on ?
The one positive from this is that the ARS should strengthen seeing as they've been proved RIGHT.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Come up with some Scotty if you have any,but I agree with Adrian on this.

ady bothroyd, ian holloway, steve cotterill, iain dowie

there are plenty of people out there who have had more success than adams in their most recent appointments. whether they would do a better job is debatable, but the general consensus seems to be that we do have a good enough squad to be challening in the top 10, yet that isnt happening. if we have a poor christmas period then there is a very real danger we could end up slipping into a relegation battle, and if that is the case then i think adams position would have to be given some serious thought

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

there are plenty of people out there who have had more success than adams in their most recent appointments. whether they would do a better job is debatable, but the general consensus seems to be that we do have a good enough squad to be challening in the top 10, yet that isnt happening. if we have a poor christmas period then there is a very real danger we could end up slipping into a relegation battle, and if that is the case then i think adams position would have to be given some serious thought

Even John Ward - got a pretty average squad into the playoffs, then saw his best player Garner and the best keeper in the league sold from under him.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Do we have a good enough squad to challenge for the top 10? We might like to think we have but what proves it?

How do you analyse the relative strengths and talents of our squad compared to others without being able to watch other teams playing regularly. Having only seen the teams we've played and then only once, I simply haven't a clue if we should be in the top ten or not. A few highlights on 'The Championship' tell you next to nothing about other teams' abilities.

When will people realise that the style of so called football we are being entertained with hasn't got a cat in hells chance of providing league success and is more likely to provide us with a relegation scrap.

Even the players know it and that is why they are not performing to the same standard as last season.

There have been so many intelligent fans who have all observed the same failings this season and who recognise we are going backwards. The sad thing is that now so many of us know what to expect we have had the stuffing knocked out of us - it's like knowing you're going to face a firing squad and people expecting you to be happy.

Of course most people will back the team but more and more are having serious doubts over this Manager and think sooner or later most people will come to the same conclusion. Unless he manages to change what he does and use the players to the best of their ability, this is going to be a very long and dull season.

Why should we back Adams whatever ? Tinselhead got till October before he was sacked so why should Adams be treated differently if this carries on ?

I think the number of consecutive defeats under Hinshlewood may have had something to do with his sacking...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Some questions

1) is it really Micky Adams? He used to be gobby, aggressive and very funny and now he seems gloomy, moany and dull

2) how much time does he have to turn the season round?

3) he hasn't bought in players for the long term, no investment in young players, why not?

4) why hasn't he got a first team coach?

5) can he overcome the negativity of the fans?

6) is sacking him the answer?

I was a great Micky Adams fan and he has given me some of my best moments as an Albion fan, I don't want him to fail and I would be ecstatic if he turns the season round and sets us up for next year but my confidence in him is ebbing away. It would only take a couple of great performances to renew and I hope this happens so i will be cheering him on. Fingers crossed

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have made it clear that I do not hold any recent manager responsible for our poor showing, even in Div 1. They have all had their hands tied behind their backs by a board that was unable to give them sufficent cash to build a promotion team.
The problem commenced when they did not provide the funds to purchase a striker to avoid relegation from the Championship.
Adams had little success after leaving us so there should not have been too high expectations when he returned.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
shouldn't the title of the thread be re-arranged to be 'We need to have our team and manager back whatever'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here