Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We NEED a need a new keeper

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The defence has no confidence in Casper, and it's starting to show.

He cannot command his area well enough and that has a knock on effect on the defenders, as they are worrying about what he may or may not do.

Trying to score more than you concede won't work either. We have gotta sure up at the back, and a new goalie is a good start.

Just who is the problem?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Comes out and punches, can't distribute the ball, flaps when they're in the box and after tonight, he doesn't seem to be able to stop shots either. Get Elphick in goal, he's a big lad.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bit of a scapegoat if you ask me, for his faults, he wasnt responsible for tonights failings.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
bit of a scapegoat if you ask me, for his faults, he wasnt responsible for tonights failings.

I assume you don't sit in the North Stand, as from where I was sitting it looked as though he didn't bother for their first or third goal, and they weren't exactly screamers. Our defence allowed them the time and space to shoot, so you're right, its not all Ankergren's fault, he just looks too slow to get down and make a save.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
not directly perhaps but the amount of sheer PANIC he causes in the defence can't help

This is exactly my point.

Just like when flapper James was England goalie.

Every time he went near the ball you expected him to cock it up. I am rapidly feeling the same about Casper sadly.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The defence has no confidence in Casper, and it's starting to show.

He cannot command his area well enough and that has a knock on effect on the defenders, as they are worrying about what he may or may not do.

Trying to score more than you concede won't work either. We have gotta sure up at the back, and a new goalie is a good start.

Just who is the problem?

Ankers took free Kicks tonight leaving the goal wide open he even took one instead of grear by over ruling him.Gus needs to get a grip and install management structure into the team,we have lost all team coordination over the last few weeks

P.C. Beard

Aug 8, 2011
dunno what he was up to on the cross he completely missed and cms had to clear off the line. he looks out of his depth but i don't think the result was his fault at all.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Didn't cover himself in glory on any of the goals, particualrly the second, but I'd like to see them again before criticising him too much. Actually I wouldn't like to see them agai but y'know.

He's actually been better than I thought he would be this season. Bad night tonight though.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Didn't cover himself in glory on any of the goals, particualrly the second, but I'd like to see them again before criticising him too much. Actually I wouldn't like to see them agai but y'know.

He's actually been better than I thought he would be this season. Bad night tonight though.

I'm still playing them all back in slow motion in my head, and if they translate to the TV as well as I think they will, you will agree that they were all pretty poor goals, from our point of view at least.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
We have needed a new keeper for ages now. Ankergren rreally isn't Championship standard. Why you think Leeds got rid to us when they got promoted to the Champ? Clumsy and an all round liability!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So where does this amazing, presumably experienced keeper come from with the transfer window closed? And if you don't have an answer, how can slating Ankergren be in anyway constructive?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Oh for f***'s sake stop trying to blame someone. He was exposed for all three goals. Wrong footed for the first, unlucky for the second and didn't have a chance for the Murray goal. I wish you'd stop blaming one player for a bad performance. That's obviously how it works in a team game. He's a f***ing good keeper. Stop having a go.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It's not that he is directly to blame, just that he doesn't inspire confidence in the defence which has a knock on effect.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh for f***'s sake stop trying to blame someone. He was exposed for all three goals. Wrong footed for the first, unlucky for the second and didn't have a chance for the Murray goal. I wish you'd stop blaming one player for a bad performance. That's obviously how it works in a team game. He's a f***ing good keeper. Stop having a go.
Thanks, I wouldn't have noticed the other 10 players performances if you hadn't said this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here