Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We must be doing something right

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Just found this on the 606 messageboards. I was a little surprised to see that pretty much everyone reckons we'll comfortably make the play offs this year. Seems that fans of other clubs are a lot more impressed with us than a lot of people on here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A30185714

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Thats because they don't get to watch us every week, we have an OUTSIDE chance of making the playoffs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've only seen us twice and I'm very impressed with what I've seen. We looked a far better side than Orient and more than matched Forest in a high class first half at Withdean last week. Wilkins was spot on when he said we looked tired in the second half of that game. I still think we might have ground out a result against nearly any other team, but Forest ought to go up. They had household names on their subs bench whereas we had the likes of Revell!

We've just ended a very testing run of games and matched most of the top sides, and this season we're taking apart some of the shit teams. And we're not dropping many points we should be taking. Even Walsall (who we were very unlucky not to beat) are now unbeaten in 12!

I can see us roaring into the top 3 or 4 after the holiday period if we can steer clear of injuries.

JILLS
Millwall
Yeovil
BOURNEMOUTH

It's a tough ask, but I reckon we could get 10 points from that lot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thats because they don't get to watch us every week, we have an OUTSIDE chance of making the playoffs.
You say that, but how many times have we truly been outclassed this season? Forest, for half a game maybe?

And we've absolutely destroyed some teams. I'd put our chances at 50/50 for a top 6 spot.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
O'Callaghan, Richards, Savage... they stay we might sneak into play-offs... th eplay -offs. They go in Jan and it'll be a hrad second half of the season.

Oh, and if Deano plays a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Loft just behind the forwards we'll win the league... with Loft as player of the season... you heard it here first :)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The next 6 weeks will tell us all we need to know about our chances this season. If we can keep O'Call and Richards, sign Savage for another 18 months and get Currie from Luton we'll be in with a chance. We also need to keep everything crossed that Forster keeps fit until May.

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
does the club really want promotion - can we afford it? (both the club and tkt prices @ £30 no doubt)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Good point. Success and big crowds against big teams would be the last thing we need right now.
Especially if it included a playoff final at Wembley... heaven forbid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here