Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We haven’t scored two goals in a game since the 18th of February.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That is an absolutely damning statistic and is the most telling of what has gone wrong this season.

Three months and we haven’t managed to score more than two goals in a game. Yes March and Mitoma need to come back but to expect them to sort between just the two of them seems unrealistic.

If we don’t sort it we are going to be in a relegation battle next season

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah this has become a BIG issue.

Last season we conceded an average of 1.39 goals per game. THIS SEASON 1.63 goals per game.
Last season we scored an average of 1.89 goals per game. THIS SEASON 1.44 goals per game.

Big problems at either end to solve.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought the promise of de Zerbi was we’d score loads but might also concede loads too. Since Easter (or before even) feels like we’ve hardly scored any.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought the promise of de Zerbi was we’d score loads but might also concede loads too. Since Easter (or before even) feels like we’ve hardly scored any.
That could well have been a factor in him leaving 'by mutual consent'. I actually think RDZ thought he was going to stay, but Bloom pulled the trigger thinking "Nah, I can't be doing with this guy - too high maintenance.'

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That is an absolutely damning statistic and is the most telling of what has gone wrong this season.

Three months and we haven’t managed to score more than two goals in a game. Yes March and Mitoma need to come back but to expect them to sort between just the two of them seems unrealistic.

If we don’t sort it we are going to be in a relegation battle next season
Even worse, this was against a team with one of the worst defensive records in PL history and who were playing with 10 men for 80 minutes.

The last 11 man team we scored 2 or more against was Palace, when we managed 2 in the time it took me to go for a piss.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I've loved and lived the past two years, thanks for the Europa fun but I honestly feel it was a perfectly timed exit.
The King is dead, long live the King ........

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Our best striker is 33 and has never hit double figures in the Prem. It's a wake up call. Pedro's been a success, but not enough to make up for losing Trossard, Macallister and others to injury.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep. Under RDZ we were relegation candidates. We desperately need changes.

Today, our first half was great, but we still failed to test the keeper. We simply have run out of ideas.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just like Potter’s first two seasons, I believe people tend to overthink this.

RDZ’s strop (where he seemed to lose belief in the players and club) coincided with our players’ belief in their ability to score disappearing. It’s all in the head.

The new manager should be able to resolve this fairly quickly as we have the right personnel (maybe a few to add) to score loads again.

Hopefully, if Potter returns, we’d get the version of him that had convinced his squad they can score hat loads although I think it’s very improbable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here