Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We haven't had a Murray thread in a while

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I also heard in the friendly vs Norwich a trio or so got subbed incl the judas **** and after briefly going to the dressing room they came back out to sit on the bench. All ten palarse fans stood to aplaud the players and guess who didn't even clap back and walked on by in a world of his own..................
That sounds familiar :lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ever since we got CMS, I haven't given that judas wanker a second thought.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I must admit I had scanned the Palace chat site to see what they thought of him and it was not flattering. Perhaps now reality sets in and there is the realisation that he will be playing in a division higher than last season and with less support. More will be expected from less and I would expect him to be a big disappointment. As is indicated here, his personality is not an advantage to him.

We will have enough challenges of our own this season and have no need to give him much consideration at all. He is more a journeyman than a talent.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Does anyone else feel as they still have to pinch themselves over the Murray transfer? Feel as if they might be living in a parallel universe where Murray has signed for Palace? The utter absurdity of the whole thing, April Fools day coming in late May/early June, I've been beamed up by aliens, I'll wake up in a minute kind of thing.

Ridiculous in every way, utterly ridiculous. Bennett going feels real, Murray to Palace is a work of fiction, a concept that's just too far fetched. I fear I may have to join the Flaming Church of Baby Jesus to get to the bottom of this.

Good why did you start this one

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll feel happier taking the piss out of Murray's crap pre-season form only once CMS is up and running...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I really don't know why we even give him the time of day

He has gone and whatever anyone may say, he has done so on the basis of the same economic decision which 95% of people on this board would have taken had they been in his shoes.

GM quite possibly looks at this board, given that NSC is the best and most active BB covering BHAFC, and by constantly posting on this issue we are going to make him feel that we care. WE DONT and clearly GP and TB don't either.

For once and for all, Glen Murray pack up your soul with your kit bag and feck off. Now moving on to matters football.....

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Having heard the real reason for Murray joining Palace, I no longer hate him or hold a grudge against him. He really didn't want to leave the Albion but had to due to his personal finances, can't say too much but suffice to say the big signing on fee was key to his decision.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many has Mackail-Smith scored in pre-season? Ah yes, the same number as Murray.

Glass houses and all that.

True about the goalscoring record. I believe that CMS played well in Portugal. I was very impressed with him against Spurs and think he will be a great player for us.

Remind us again how Murray has performed? :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Murray plays well in a good side but only the thickest Palace fan would call them a decent side. They struggled last season and have an even weaker team than last season. I can understand Murray's desire for a longer contract but I hope for his sake that Win bonuses are not that large a part of his wages. I hope also he doesn't mind having to wait to get paid.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Having heard the real reason for Murray joining Palace, I no longer hate him or hold a grudge against him. He really didn't want to leave the Albion but had to due to his personal finances, can't say too much but suffice to say the big signing on fee was key to his decision.

Well that's a tantalising little snippet. Anyone know any more?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We could definitely have done with him on Saturday for the 2nd half. Brezovan kept booting the ball down the field and it kept coming straight back off a Tottenham head. Our forwards never got nowhere near it. Murray would have won the majority of those balls.

I still find it absolutely crazy that we let him go.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
When he goes down a little bit too easily (like he used to do for us regularly) in the box in front of the North Stand at home - that could be the highlight of what promises to be a very eventful season

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Those 'Advanced Hair Studio' sessions don't come cheap ;)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
We could definitely have done with him on Saturday for the 2nd half. Brezovan kept booting the ball down the field and it kept coming straight back off a Tottenham head. Our forwards never got nowhere near it. Murray would have won the majority of those balls.

I still find it absolutely crazy that we let him go.

That's the same Brezovan who gifted Spurs a goal, right? Maybe he should have been shown the door as well? But I don't think Palace would have been interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here