Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We havent got a pot to piss in !!!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
On an almost related observation...

If/when Ulloa goes it would be nice if the club broke with recent tradition and disclosed the fee. I don't expect that they will but if you're selling your primary striker it does help to sugar the pill if you demonstrate why.

Not necessarily. It might help to sugar the pill but it might not. Depends how much he goes for and what you would be happy with or not.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
And though it sugars the pill slightly it also tells everyone else that we've just received x amount and they adjust asking prices accordingly

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He is 34, played 11 times for QPR from Feb onwards(in a side packed with big names) and apart from since Jan has played prem football his whole career. Can play anywhere across the back line and can fill in, in midfield. As for your pot to piss in a free transfer does not mean he signed for nothing. You do know that don't you???....Personally I think it's a very solid addition to replace the experience we lost in Upson.

Well Kev I actually agree with you. Total sense.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's incredible that we have a thread like this after we sign a player who only last season made appearances in the premiership & played his part in getting QPR promoted. How on earth does signing a player like this mean we haven't got a pot to piss in? It's beggars belief really doesn't it when you actually think about it :lolol: Only on NSC eh.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
14 pages and that amoeba still didnt explain how he knows what our budget is.

Time to put up facts or shut the **** up.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
The games he played for us were at right back while Danny Simpson was injured. Has kept himself in good shape. Decent signing imho.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think Hughes is a decent signing and as I said before get used to this type of signing and plenty more loans. Going forward we will be a team that is going to use the academy products complemented by loan players. I think the days of buying a top notch player will be few. As we look to unearth the gems from lower leagues and the academy , and in the meantime if we need a position filling it will be with a loan. hence not much transfer activity until those clubs that have sorted their squads are prepared to let players out on loan.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just wonder, in respect that we have the highest attendance in this division, a very high profile main sponsor, would like some feedback from Bloom on how much money is actually available ? its ok to expect a manager to assemble a squad to achieve a play off position, but can't he provide a top 6 budget rather than a budget significantly lower if he really expects this !!! Stop playing with us Tony Bloom, if you really do want us in the premier league, put your money on the table

Sounds like your supporting the wrong team mate. You need to find yourself a team followed by a load of glory hunters where they are owned by rich foreigners and can spend millions due to TV and European football income streams. -Maybe try Man City.

I don't get why getting to the Premier League is so important to some and we should try to achieve this at any cost - why? and what happens if that fails?

What if we do go up and become an established lower PL team? - panic because the same moaners now think we would lose the fans then because we have to push for European football or we will lose the crowd as they are only interested in glory?

We have a good thing going here and money doesn't guarentee you success, but we are still competitive with what we have to spend and thats more important to me than watching a team get thumped every week just because we are in the top flight so should think it's great, etc.......

If we go up, Brilliant. If we don't, we can always try again next season. We will not go bust if we are continuing to be run sensibly (especially with FFP here) but throwing money at an attempt and failing could and then what happens to Blooms cash that he has invested so far?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just wonder, in respect that we have the highest attendance in this division, a very high profile main sponsor, would like some feedback from Bloom on how much money is actually available ? its ok to expect a manager to assemble a squad to achieve a play off position, but can't he provide a top 6 budget rather than a budget significantly lower if he really expects this !!! Stop playing with us Tony Bloom, if you really do want us in the premier league, put your money on the table
No intelligent chairman/owner would ever announce their transfer budget publicly. Leicester went bragging about transfer funds and now clubs/players are holding them to ransom what your suggesting wouldn't be a very smart move at all.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Downvote fest!!! How many can we get?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The taxi fella is acting like an idiot in my opinion. Hughes played in the Premiership and in a promoted Championship team that most likely had the biggest budget last season. He isn't going to come cheap.

We can compete with a top half budget. We had a bid turned down believed to be about £1 million for Baldock, from what I can see the money is there, but not to throw away. We seem to be buzzing around looking at our options and seeing who we can get for the best value.

I want Dunk to establish himself this season as I believe he is our future so Hughes fighting it out with Greer will do me fine.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
1. He's 34. 35 in November.
2. He played 11 games 3rd choice CB from 31st January 2014 for QPR. That's not injury prone.
3. We needed experience, a hole left by Upson. Unfortunately Kompany wasn't available.

True although I think we should go for Thiago Silva and really push the boat out:)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sounds like your supporting the wrong team mate. You need to find yourself a team followed by a load of glory hunters where they are owned by rich foreigners and can spend millions due to TV and European football income streams. -Maybe try Man City.

I don't get why getting to the Premier League is so important to some and we should try to achieve this at any cost - why? and what happens if that fails?

What if we do go up and become an established lower PL team? - panic because the same moaners now think we would lose the fans then because we have to push for European football or we will lose the crowd as they are only interested in glory?

We have a good thing going here and money doesn't guarentee you success, but we are still competitive with what we have to spend and thats more important to me than watching a team get thumped every week just because we are in the top flight so should think it's great, etc.......

If we go up, Brilliant. If we don't, we can always try again next season. We will not go bust if we are continuing to be run sensibly (especially with FFP here) but throwing money at an attempt and failing could and then what happens to Blooms cash that he has invested so far?

You are clearly lost and on the wrong thread.

This is a far too accurate and sensible reply :)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Do you think that perhaps it might be a good idea to wait for the next seven weeks before the Transfer Window is closed to assume that we have no funds for players? :rolleyes:

Some of you supporters need to wake up and face a reality check, you need to take off those rose tinted glasses !!!!

I know i may have rattled a few cages, and yes i agree with some of your feedback, but in some areas i have raised a valid point, the fact is some of you guys don't like being challenged with an opinion different to your own[/QUOTE

It's about supporting the club regardless of transfer budget whether they are in the premier league or the conference. The budget has no interest for me. How you have the nerve to say to bloom put ur money on the table beggars belief. Have ur eyes been open during the last 3 years. When you invest 150 million quid then you have the right to know the transfer budget. The cub are managing their finances as they see fit and have consistently produced competitive teams in and amazing setting in an unbelievably competitive league. Do you really want a club or board that sell the soul of the club? We have been there before and it wasn't very nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here