Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We gave a very good account of ourselves...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't think CH's tactics are unadventurous - even he is asking the team to be more adventurous on the ball (in his after game interview). The players need to be braver - at the moment it looks like they will only play the easy pass to avoid mistakes, which in some cases is causing us more problems than it solves. What didn't help yesterday is that we had 2 players in the front 3 who have not played in the side before (well Brown has but not for long), so the others were not necessarily anticipating what they were going to do. It was noticable that as soon as AK and Murray came on, we started playing the ball forward more frequently and faster as the understanding with those players is better.

So encourage the players to try to play riskier passes in the opposition half is the only thing I would change. Propper and Gross are key here. The understanding with the new boys will come with time.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm getting a little fed up with hearing about the great pieces of skill from (a) Ibe and (b) Sanchez in the Bournemouth and Arsenal games. It's as if we'd never seen anyone backheel the ball before. And neither would have led to goals if (a) Surman's marker had stayed with him or (b) Bong hadn't left Iwobi to join a knot of other defenders already around Sanchez. Very, very basic defensive mistakes that I doubt would have been made last season - but I think (as others clearly do) that some players are still overawed by where we are and panic in situations where they would have stayed calm and organised in a Championship game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was very disappointed with our overall game yesterday and thought that we offered nothing other than the last 10 mins and the shot by March which hit the post and we had no intention of trying to get forward, just stay in our half and keep the score down. We offered much more against Man City than we did yesterday, I think. As you say we must agree to disagree and look forward to beating Everton.

I can't see how you can say we offered more against City....its just no true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here