Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We don't need any players with Championship Experience

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Our squad is young and hungry, we don't need anybody else. This is just aimed at some clown from the other day that said our team didn't have the necessary experience to compete in the Championship...watch out Cardiff, you will be the next to be feeling the pain as the mighty seagulls march to the top of the league with three wins out of three!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry,don't agree,we still need a few new faces.We have played 2 teams that will probably be in the bottom 6 and both games have been pretty even.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Our record under Gus against Championship teams:
P4 W4 D0 L0 F8 A2

Marvellous.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's going to be tough but we're good for mid table as things stand and we WILL sign more players. Also thought vincelot looked promising (how old is he?) and nooney gets better every game.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Vincelot is in his mid 20's i believe.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think Gus said we need some players with Championship experience - so did Chivers on the radio. It's a bigger tougher league and we'll learn how to deal with the physicality and the subtlety (read: cheating) but there's no doubt that a Championship level finisher alongside CMS and a very experienced CB would improve the squad.

Completely agree that it's a young team and they have a certain freshness - but we have played two of the weaker sides. Cardiff away and Blackpool will be a test.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Beating donny when they were down to 10 men and having earlier lost their best player and beating a side that has a ravaged squad due to no money isnt cause to say we dont need some additional experience, however much effort has been put in by our boys so far.

Its been brilliant and exciting, its been a great achievement to get these two wins, but we have in reality probably beaten one mediocre and one ordinary side. Lets not get too carried away too quickly.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes, I know how popular this will be but I think we miss Murray, or a murray type player. I know everyone has forgotten, but he was always an outlet for balls from the back.
With his ability with his head and flick ons, I believe CMS would score loads.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Our squad is young and hungry, we don't need anybody else. This is just aimed at some clown from the other day that said our team didn't have the necessary experience to compete in the Championship...watch out Cardiff, you will be the next to be feeling the pain as the mighty seagulls march to the top of the league with three wins out of three!

Dont you think it's a bit early in the season to be getting carried away? Yes it's been a good start but we've got a lot of tough games this season where a bit of experience will be needed.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It's no coincidence that our best player imo WB has championship experience! A couple more signings of his caliber would be more than welcome if we want to do well this season!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's no coincidence that our best player imo WB has championship experience! A couple more signings of his caliber would be more than welcome if we want to do well this season!

Was just about to write the same thing, however until we come up against players of Buckleys ability all we can do is beat the team in front of us, and so far the boys are doing very well. But like you said, a couple of Championship performers would be very welcome as we have seen what a difference they can make (Buckley).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Our squad is young and hungry, we don't need anybody else.

we'll see. how far does young and hungry carry you when losing away from home, need to close out a game or just cant breakdown a team and start to get frustrated. see Arsenal, inability to win anything in 6 years.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
We need someone experienced, like Kishishev, to close the game off in the dying minutes. We gave away too many free kicks etc towards the end yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I posted this on another thread about Championship experience but most of our players already have that experience. Afaik, only Dicker & Dunk have never played at this level previously. That isn't to say that we don't need more experience, because I agree we need a couple more players in.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it also sems to be much more physical in the championship and a i fear a few more injuries coming due to the way we l play, and a few more suspensions so with that in mind we do need more experiance in all areas, with a CB the most important thing currently. Dunk and Greer look great together, but we only need to lose one which can happen at any time and then we look very weak.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

depends if you want us to finish mid or top of the table really i know gus isnt in the market for one but i feel a goalkeeper to challenge kasper is a must, a defender who can play lb as well as cb a must (even if young) that is all we need gus going on about another foward and attacking mid i think we have enough and another would just be a over crowd there

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Football is all about opinions. In our case, it is lord gus almighty's opinions. I just have the sneakiest of feelings he knows exactly what the squad needs and will make sure it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here