Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We close to one or maybe 2

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Robyn Schonhofer ‏@RobynTalkSPORT

I have word that Matthew Upson has joined Brighton on loan till the end of the season #bhafc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Robyn Schonhofer ‏@RobynTalkSPORT
I have word that Matthew Upson has joined Brighton on loan till the end of the season #bhafc

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If you are happy with a aging defense with no pace then fine. A defense that was ripped apart and exposed by both Watford and Palace. It was only the other day Oatway commented on how we needed some younger players at the back. Maybe you have serious PROBLEMS in the bedroom too :thumbsup:

This is exactly why i'm not getting excited about the current defenders coming in. Pace is our weakness at the back.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think the talk of millions for the young Dutch kiddie got everyone's hopes up a bit

Pig -32

Bruno 32 Upson 33 Monk 34 Bridge 32

Combine age of 130 years.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Talksport are saying they have it that we've signed Upson on loan till end of season.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What do we make of the Simeon Jackson thing?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I never thought I would live to see the day, we got an England international with 21 caps, still only 33 who just two years ago was scoring against the Germans and people f***ing moan. I know I'm one of the most moaning people on here, but I think it's a fantastic signing.(if it happens)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Stoke City defender Matthew Upson, veteran of 21 England caps, is close to signing for Brighton & Hove Albion, says Daily Telegraph football correspondent John Percy on Twitter.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Pig -32

Bruno 32 Upson 33 Monk 34 Bridge 32

Combine age of 130 years.

Come on, none of them are THAT old. Especially 32 for a goalie! I can remember us signing Simon Morgan when he was what, 35(?) and he turned out to be one of the best players I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt.

Upson was called Ferrari at Arsenal because he was the only one in training who could match Henry for pace, I doubt he's slowed down that much by the age of 33.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Upson - deffo.
Monk - probably.

Experience at the top level cannot be doubted and is what we need, but my only concern (if they go through) is whether they have the pace and/or the determination. I wondered with Bridge whether he'd be up for it and whether he'd still have the pace, and fortunately both were still there - hopefully the same would apply with these.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I never thought I would live to see the day, we got an England international with 21 caps, still only 33 who just two years ago was scoring against the Germans and people f***ing moan. I know I'm one of the most moaning people on here, but I think it's a fantastic signing.(if it happens)

Totally this!

Our two CBs are our weekest link, we need two.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Who the hell is monk?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Am I missing something here with England caps? Aren't England ridiculously shit?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Well put. People are getting overly obsessed with pace. Our defense (with El-Abd and Greer) is one of the best in the league. Monk and Upson wouldn't be any slower than them, and their added experience will mean they make less mistakes and have an extra yard or two mentally. We have an exceptionally solid squad now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here