Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We cannot sack the manager 3 months into the next season

but Leicester went about it the positive way, I know we made them look mugs at ours, but their firepower and all round play has paid dividends, whereas we............

This (quoted from the Guardian) just might have something to do with it don't you think?

"Leicester, owned by the King Power duty free company of Thailand and current leaders of the Championship, made a loss of £34m, according to their accounts just published, which follows £30m in 2011-12."

That's 2.5x the losses posted by BHA FC over the same period and if you include their 2010/11 results Leicester's combined loss is over £80M for the three years.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We are never going to be a Barcelona, much as Oscar and some on here would dream it. You can't buy players of that quality on the budgets we have to work on. Give Oscar a summer, who is he going to bring in that will truly transform the way we play at a fee/wages we can afford ? A lovely dream but a dream is all it will be. The 11 selected yesterday was very attacking, but if they are not sent out with the formation/strategy to play an attacking game, they won't. 1 shot on target is pitiful, especially playing against 10 men for the last 20mins or so and playing a bottom 3 side. I'm not saying 4-4-2 is the answer, but if you play a 4-3-3, then make it so, not a 4-5-1. Ulloa a quality player, so isolated, and looking increasingly disillusioned. I have grave doubts that OG is the man for us. 2 points from 15 and dire football, when other teams slipping up, leaving the way open for us. Incredibly frustrating. I'd take someone like Steve Clarke for next year, plays possession football, but also attacking intent.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Get him out now!! The fans are bored, the players have no belief in him. He is sucking everything that is good out of this club. Let's not 'fiddle while Rome burns' The time for change is now. Let's not waste another year and next seasons budget on him. We are regressing rapidly and we have remained near the play offs in spite of him, not because of him.

Tend to agree with this. Yesterday's performance was so poor that the manager/coach has to take a great deal of the blame.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
At which point did our fans become spoilt and start asking for the managers heads all the time? Tinpot. It shows lack of knowledge, patience, and intelligence. Some Leicester fans were calling for Pearson's scalp last year.

Top effort on being as patronising as you could possibly be. I think the thing that some people would do well to understand is that people aren't getting frustrated because we're not walking the league and smashing everyone to pieces, it's got a lot to do with the fact the football is awful, the tactics are awful, the selections and substitutions are awful. SHows a lack of intelligence to have not figured that out to be honest.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We are never going to be a Barcelona, much as Oscar and some on here would dream it. You can't buy players of that quality on the budgets we have to work on. Give Oscar a summer, who is he going to bring in that will truly transform the way we play at a fee/wages we can afford ? A lovely dream but a dream is all it will be. The 11 selected yesterday was very attacking, but if they are not sent out with the formation/strategy to play an attacking game, they won't. 1 shot on target is pitiful, especially playing against 10 men for the last 20mins or so and playing a bottom 3 side. I'm not saying 4-4-2 is the answer, but if you play a 4-3-3, then make it so, not a 4-5-1. Ulloa a quality player, so isolated, and looking increasingly disillusioned. I have grave doubts that OG is the man for us. 2 points from 15 and dire football, when other teams slipping up, leaving the way open for us. Incredibly frustrating. I'd take someone like Steve Clarke for next year, plays possession football, but also attacking intent.

Funny you should mention Steve Clarke, I was only thinking this morning that he would be perfect for us, as Garcia's number 2

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How else can he get HIS players then? As soon as you bring in someone to help you end up with fans moaning that Oscar does not have any say.

Jesus, someone give me some chalk and a blackboard... Ffs

How about oscar brings his own trusted back room team instead of having to inherit people in jobs you've never worked with.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He did bring Juan Torrijo and Ruben Martinez with him though. Or does that not count? Do you expect the ENTIRE scouting arm of the club to change every time we get a new manger?

Are they scouts? No

So then they don't count do they.

All I'm saying is, that he should have his own ideas on player recruitment and not be guided by people he doesn't particularly trust or know from Adam. In some weird way here I think were actually on the same side but your looking into things far too deeply.

You don't think that new managers want their own trusted staff moved with them when they take a new job? Be realistic plooks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think they will know each other much better after this season and as a result the player recruitment will be much better over the summer. Then we will begin to have a situation where maybe Burke will be his man? Or maybe the backroom scouts will change slowly so they are all more compatible. I would prefer to do it more slowly than all at once to be honest.

I agree with this. If changes are made, then they will be with the back room staff and/or the set up of the management of the playing side of things.

This blog, written last February by a Liverpool fan, is not too different to how I feel about fans who want to get rid of Oscar before he's even had a season.

http://www.liverpoolfcfanscorner.com/1/post/2013/02/an-open-letter-to-the-rodgersout-fans.html

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
At which point did our fans become spoilt and start asking for the managers heads all the time? Tinpot. It shows lack of knowledge, patience, and intelligence. Some Leicester fans were calling for Pearson's scalp last year.

They've always done it. It isn't about being spoilt.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Some people are wilfully missing the point that those voicing concerns are making.

Oscar is not playing attacking football and he is praising his players saying they did exactly what he told them and he couldn't want anymore. Clearly, by his own admission, the boring turgid football is his fault. I don't have expectations of us romping the league but I want him to fulfil his promise of attacking football or at least be honest with me when they haven't done it rather than tell me we were the better team and he is very proud of his players, when I saw with my own eyes how crap we were. Bare minimum I expect for large amount of money I've spent.

Comparisons with Rodgers aren't comparing like with like. Liverpool were playing attacking football last year and there were clear signs of progression. I don't follow them closely but I can't imagine Rodgers saying he was happy after a performance like yesterday either.

Honestly I would be 90% less worried if he gave some indication that this isn't the future and that this isn't what we should expect for ever more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did bring Juan Torrijo and Ruben Martinez with him though. Or does that not count? Do you expect the ENTIRE scouting arm of the club to change every time we get a new manger?
Both Mullery first time and Coppell outed most of the scouts and got their own. Coppell appointed his brother as Chief Scout, so why shouldnt Oscar do similar and bring in people whose judgement he respects

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Top effort on being as patronising as you could possibly be. I think the thing that some people would do well to understand is that people aren't getting frustrated because we're not walking the league and smashing everyone to pieces, it's got a lot to do with the fact the football is awful, the tactics are awful, the selections and substitutions are awful. SHows a lack of intelligence to have not figured that out to be honest.

It's not awful though is it, we're 8th. He's building the core of the side as tight as he can and the rest of the side that should be the ones putting the ball in the net are letting him down. He'll get there but it will take patience. I guess some have it more than others.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's not awful though is it, we're 8th. He's building the core of the side as tight as he can and the rest of the side that should be the ones putting the ball in the net are letting him down. He'll get there but it will take patience. I guess some have it more than others.

Well done for slipping another a little patronising dig in at the end there.

Seriously, if you believe the football to be anything other than awful then I'd have to question your understanding of the game. Everything about it is absolute tosh, the only thing that ever reads well is the possession stat but when you control 65% possession and it's all in your own half it doesn't make for good viewing. I can honestly say I've only walked away from a game once this season where I thought 'blimey, we were value for the victory there'. This spine that you speak of too, does that involve a centre back partnership with a combined age of 67 years and a 'keeper that doesn't want to be here? Or is it in dynamic loan players we've brought in like Andrews and Obika?

Our league position gives a completely false impression of how we have performed this season and I believe it says more about the quality of the division as a whole than it does about us being anything close to resembling a quality football team.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Finger of blame with FFP if you want to point at Burke. We are te only club in play off contention playing by FFP and Burke sticking to rules. We have lost players and opportunities for players because we can't/won't pay wage demands. If FL lose their bollocks and don't enforce their rules THEN Burke looks like a **** but until then he's just doing what TB needs him to do.

Not looking good with Cellino winning his appeal, there will be plenty of clubs challenging it I'm afraid, FFP will wither to more of a slap on the wrist. They have already changed some of it to any fines going to charity

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
plooks, why is this so hard for you to grasp mate.

its about the manager having someone he respects to scout for him

The classic example of this was Peter Ward who Brian Clough didnt rate him when he watched him but accepted Peter Taylor and Ken Gutteridges views as he valued their opinion and signed him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well done for slipping another a little patronising dig in at the end there.

Seriously, if you believe the football to be anything other than awful then I'd have to question your understanding of the game. Everything about it is absolute tosh, the only thing that ever reads well is the possession stat but when you control 65% possession and it's all in your own half it doesn't make for good viewing. I can honestly say I've only walked away from a game once this season where I thought 'blimey, we were value for the victory there'. This spine that you speak of too, does that involve a centre back partnership with a combined age of 67 years and a 'keeper that doesn't want to be here? Or is it in dynamic loan players we've brought in like Andrews and Obika?

Our league position gives a completely false impression of how we have performed this season and I believe it says more about the quality of the division as a whole than it does about us being anything close to resembling a quality football team.

Can't see where the patronising dig was there. Some people are more patient than others- that's a bleeding fact!
As for the table lying, it doesn't. They never do. We've had spells of pretty good football this year, with our strikers not being able to finish, with a solid defence, 4 of which will hopefully give us another campaign next year.
Thanks for questioning my undertaking of the game, patronising no? Let's just agree to disagree.

Let's hope for a unexpected win at Leicester then another against Charlton. At least we'll hopefully agree on that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Get him out now!! The fans are bored, the players have no belief in him. He is sucking everything that is good out of this club. Let's not 'fiddle while Rome burns' The time for change is now. Let's not waste another year and next seasons budget on him. We are regressing rapidly and we have remained near the play offs in spite of him, not because of him.

You're my favourite idiotic troll poster.
Every single thing you say turns out to be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here