Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are top of the league, say we are top of the league!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 00.05.29.png

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What about the decisions VAR should have made, but failed? - Leading to an admission of an error or an apology after the game from PGMOL because VAR got it wrong / failed to act. How many are there for each team, and which sides benefitted from those failures?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, as I suspected. Completely random. Someone has to be top/bottom, and there is no 'big club' pattern.

Thanks @Bozza

I think we all now need to pull up our knickers, make Danielle Every a nice cup of tea, and jog on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about the decisions VAR should have made, but failed? - Leading to an admission of an error or an apology after the game from PGMOL because VAR got it wrong / failed to act. How many are there for each team, and which sides benefitted from those failures?
What about the life I might have lead, had I been a tiny bit taller, and less ginger?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are bottom of the league, say we are bottom of the league!

View attachment 159492
And that doesn't include the 3 penalty decisions we didn't get yesterday, or Mitoma's goal being ruled out. The reality is far far worse than your table suggests.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
a few seasons ago we were the team that most benefited from VAR decisions, always extremes with the Albion
You mean that.....(hang on. let me get out my Sinclair Scientific)....there is no conspiracy to do Teams Like Brighton down?

I find that very hard to believe and a stouter man than I might call your assessment conchie-talk. Surrender declaration. Knotted handkerchief on your head and a pencil up each nostril. I barely know where to sit. Here will do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And that doesn't include the 3 penalty decisions we didn't get yesterday, or Mitoma's goal being ruled out. The reality is far far worse than your table suggests.
Hang on.....let me redact my last post.

The way we have been treated is statistically wrong. I could lose what's left of my tiny mind with facts like these. It's a shocker and no mistake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are bottom of the league, say we are bottom of the league!

View attachment 159492
We are with Man Citeh in one table and with the Arse in the other.

No wonder The Athletic stated we are the third best team in the EPL.

Heartwarming data.

My faith in all that is good, the way of the world and, yes, the magic of Easter, are restored.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
So, as I suspected. Completely random. Someone has to be top/bottom, and there is no 'big club' pattern.

Thanks @Bozza

I think we all now need to pull up our knickers, make Danielle Every a nice cup of tea, and jog on.
Harry, clearly you're a gentleman which is why you're being nice about it. Said approach to such a massive slap in the face for the Club reflects a fundamental issue with the whole Club...way too nice and accepting about everything!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hang on.....let me redact my last post.

The way we have been treated is statistically wrong. I could lose what's left of my tiny mind with facts like these. It's a shocker and no mistake.
It also doesn't include Villa hacking down March in the box. Or the penalty we should have had against Leicester.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
VAR is simply not fit for purpose. It doesn't work and until the officials are trained to a level where their sheer incompetence doesn't ruin a game of football, then it should not be utilised.

Only when officials can get 98% of decisions correct, consistently, should it be implemented.

If your car engine is a bit dicky and making a noise, you don't go on a 400 mile round trip. You get it working and then drive.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So VAR's attempt to win the league for Southampton isn't going well ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It also doesn't include Villa hacking down March in the box. Or the penalty we should have had against Leicester.
No, agreed. But fans of every other club will also have their own list.

There is no evidence of bias. There is mounting evidence that it's a bit rubbish.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, clearly you're a gentleman which is why you're being nice about it. Said approach to such a massive slap in the face for the Club reflects a fundamental issue with the whole Club...way too nice and accepting about everything!
If there is an advantage to be had, rest assured, Mr Bloom will have it ???
:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
VAR is simply not fit for purpose. It doesn't work and until the officials are trained to a level where their sheer incompetence doesn't ruin a game of football, then it should not be utilised.

Only when officials can get 98% of decisions correct, consistently, should it be implemented.

If your car engine is a bit dicky and making a noise, you don't go on a 400 mile round trip. You get it working and then drive.
In the meantime, let Nobby in his old shed do the car servicing?

Nobby on the pitch? Mmmmmm......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here