Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are shambolic

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
We did OK but silly mistake for the 2nd goal, we can create chances but cannot put the ball in the net at present

We were toothless & clueless before conceding. Bournemouth thought they just had to turn up & they would win. Their plan worked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I just being grumpy and seeing what I want to see or:-

Every time Bournemouth attacked from deep, they only every passed forwards and had at least 5 players IN FRONT of the ball.

Stockdale floats a delightful pass to Bruno's feet, just inside their half.
The ball is back with Never Buy A Bike From Him within 3 passes.

Buy all the goal scorers you want, but if we refuse to move the ball forward, we ain't gonna score.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We dominated for 70 minutes (albeit without creating any clear cut chances) against the side top of the table who are looking increasingly like they'll be promoted; I wouldn't call that shambolic.

Fair point. And the other 40 odd games...?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Every time Bournemouth attacked from deep, they only every passed forwards and had at least 5 players IN FRONT of the ball.

Buy all the goal scorers you want, but if we refuse to move the ball forward, we ain't gonna score.

THIS!

Until we start moving forward with pace nothing will change

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The games we looked most interested this season was when Nathan was in charge.

I still think it was a shame that he was effectively demoted when Calderwood joined - who doesn't seem to be adding much.
Leeds at home would suggest otherwise.

Quite how a team that can produce arguably one of the top 5 performances of the last 3 seasons, can then produce what we've watched since, is completely beyond me.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We dominated for 70 minutes (albeit without creating any clear cut chances) against the side top of the table who are looking increasingly like they'll be promoted; I wouldn't call that shambolic.
We created nothing of any serious note in that 70 minutes so I woudn't call than even close to domination. We tried hard but at no point did we look like scoring. There were long periods where we passed it around but we have the cutting edge of a wet blanket. Bournemouth were safe in the knowledge that they only had to score one to win the game, took their time and did a job on us.

We tried hard, but dominated is way off the mark IMHO

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think you're being very kind to them. In attack, they looked ordinary for 70 minutes, kept mis-placing passes and were continuously being robbed in midfield. Trouble is we panic when we get near the opposition's box, and they didn't.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We did OK but silly mistake for the 2nd goal, we can create chances but cannot put the ball in the net at present

Arguably both goals were stupid mistakes.

Did we really create a 'great' chance, that had you on the edge of your seat? Stephens snap shot, CMS when their goalie slipped was close, but other than that.

Texeirra back to his normal headless chicken routine and created nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

So true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here