Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Number 10 in the midweek chart......!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
MYOB said:
It didn't get above 40 in an actual end-of-week chart. In fact, no song containing the term Brighton, and no artist containing Brighton in their name has ever entered the top 40.

brighton rock?

your not from brighton(fatboy slim?)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Attila, amazing stuff really, you truely are a bloody good bloke! After all the Archer years too. Speechless. I'm also telling outrageous lies to family and friends like I'll be appearing as a "backing singer" eg fans chanting "we want Falmer" at the beginning of the record on TOTP if I get "x number" of people to buy one and consequently you're asked to perform it at the beeb. F*** it, if it boasts sales....!

Couple of suggestions for everyone to increase sales. Ring round the group of Albions fans you know tonight and "tell them" you're buying them a copy if they haven't already and they can pay you at the next game/when you see them. I've found out that amongst the other 7 season ticket holders I sit with only 1 has bought it (and 4 copies at that) The rest are "going to buy it" but still haven't and I've been reminding them for weeks! They'll miss the boat for the all important first week at this rate - that's 6 missed sales in my case alone. :dunce:

Morale of the story? Even the best Albion fans can just be disorganised - so the more organised should do it for them and invoice later if can afford! You can also get the discount if bulk ordering!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazon still have not sent my 5 copies. Fuckers.

I might cancel my order now. That'll show 'em...

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Picked up 2 copies today from Virgin, still plenty left so make sure everybody you know is buying their copy (or copies!!)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well done Wrexham, still got my Fans United badge alongside the Albion club bdge on my beenie!

Let's get this straight then.....if you order and it's not in stock then it still counts towards THIS week's chart? Don't want HMV etc sending belatedly and counting towards the June 05 top 40!

Ow, and Attila, people otherwise uninterested, are now buying copies from me because i've said the there's a TOTP
"crowd/backing singers" competition! Ow well, guess I'm going to hell for my lies. But you could see it as being more like a NSC Robin Hood - robbing from Premiership fans and distributing to the poor or at least that's my opening defence with St Peter.

But maybe you could run a competion? Those who sell 50+ to friends get put into a draw in the event of you appearing at the beeb as Falmer as "backers". You must also be a STH, donated to the A&Kfund, attended the Spurs 05, Liverpool '91 and Millenium games. Those spotted at Rochdale, Hull etc on cold autumn night are obviously excluded from such a "competitions"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
MYOB said:
It didn't get above 40 in an actual end-of-week chart. In fact, no song containing the term Brighton, and no artist containing Brighton in their name has ever entered the top 40.

It got to 65 per my Guinness book of Singles.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yorkie said:
It got to 65 per my Guinness book of Singles.

E.g. not the top 40. My source only has 1-40.

Either way, it wasn't #33, and it wasn't high enough to get on TOTP, and Tom Hark will easily beat it.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Well done lads, everyone in my family has been bought one, I don't think my dad knows how to use the cd player but who cares.

Brilliant effort.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Went to HMV Crawley at lunch time today, to my horror 'We Want Falmer' was not on the big display of new releases of CD singles.

I frantically looked around in the areas where all CD singles are stored in artist alphebital order and there they were 4 copies hidden away under some weird sounding band I have never heard of.

I was not having this.

So I shifted about 5 Erasure CD's of the main display and replaced them with Seagull Ska.

Might go back after work to see if they have sold!!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
The Wookiee said:
Went to HMV Crawley at lunch time today, to my horror 'We Want Falmer' was not on the big display of new releases of CD singles.

I frantically looked around in the areas where all CD singles are stored in artist alphebital order and there they were 4 copies hidden away under some weird sounding band I have never heard of.

I was not having this.

So I shifted about 5 Erasure CD's of the main display and replaced them with Seagull Ska.

Might go back after work to see if they have sold!!

You should have gone to Virgin store in County Mall, where I purchased mine. They are on display there, the store has always seemed Albion friendly as for a few years they had a little cut out on the till of Bobby Zamora in the Red and Black top

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strike said:
You should have gone to Virgin store in County Mall, where I purchased mine. They are on display there, the store has always seemed Albion friendly as for a few years they had a little cut out on the till of Bobby Zamora in the Red and Black top

I will pop in to Virgin/County Mall tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here