"… Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?
… If you don't talk happy,
And you never have dream,
Then you'll never have a dream come true!"
I would reference Emile De Becque but most people would think I either mean the toothy dancer from the telly or a new potential striker from Marseilles

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Add Ben, Dan and Neale

Ben White Summer 2021 £50m
Dan Burn Winter 2022 £13m
Bissouma Summer 2022 £27m
Cucurrela Summer 2022 £60m
Maupay Summer 2022 £15m
Trossard Winter 2022 £26m

Nearly £200m in one and half seasons plus massive assets in Caicedo and Mac Allister.

We're definitely doing something right.
We can afford a duster then to polish all our trophies……oh
It needs to slow down now.
As a fan I know we need to sell in this league to stay competitive, but not 2-3 of our best players EVERY window, that way leads to eventual disaster. Looking at those revenues we cannot need more money right now. What does another £70m for Moises give us fans? f*** all.
This group could deliver club history this season, please let them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter probably would have turned him into a left winger if he'd had another season with him.
Doubt it Potter didn’t play with wingers think he will have to have a rethink now though 😂

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Against Arsenal we got trashed with our two top midfielders out league leaders or not it was to easy for them. I would love to know who the two up and coming Mac and Moses replacements are as apparently they will be better 🙄 we’ve also lost our head of recruitment who was around when every single one of these super young talented players was signed. We have no idea what the future holds now. Obviously Forfana was one of his finds as they very quickly signed him.
A year ago Mac was playing the #10 role and Caicedo was playing for a bottom of the league team in Belgium. Now one of them is a world cup winner and the other is worth £75m or some such under a coach seemingly an upgrade on Potter that I and many on here had never heard of, . I wonder what you were predicting last January …

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A year ago Mac was playing the #10 role and Caicedo was playing for a bottom of the league team in Belgium. Now one of them is a world cup winner and the other is worth £75m or some such under a coach seemingly an upgrade on Potter that I and many on here had never heard of, . I wonder what you were predicting last January …
I was predicting a win against Palace - but that didn't happen.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
i’m in the thinking that if we establish ourselves as a top 6 club then why would cas and ali mac go…. in europe, surely there putting themselves out there to go to even bigger teams in europe….. at least another season with us, before we expect over £80m each for them but in summer we buy some exciting unknown that end of next season there the replacements….. optimistic i know but rather that than doom and gloom

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So remarkable we a re-churning history with stupid poems and BISA being the only way forward.

I am guessing some are pining for the Withdean half-time awards ceremony to be re-instated.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably we also received an undisclosed insurance payout for Enock Mwepu (sadly).
Are you sure that's not just to help pay his wages? I'm not sure we'd get any more than that.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Caicedo hadn’t even started a premier league game this time last year. But we did buy Billy Gilmour in the summer with an eye to his departure, and Moder is due back soon (although who knows how both will develop).
Sarmiento, Adingra, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ferguson though seem a decent set of forwards to replace Trossard or even Mitoma (if he fades/gets injured) - even if only 1-2 of them progress as much as Caicedo did.
And Estupinan was bought AFTER we sold Cucurella. He’s turned out ok so there’s always that option too…

I'd forgotten about Gilmour. He hasn't pulled up any trees so far but he did shine in a Chelsea champions league game I caught ages ago. Hopefully that will be money well spent. We will see. Out of the list you mention Sarmeinto would appear to be the pick of the bunch to replace Mitoma. Enciso seems one for the future - the Villa game was an example of a game too hot for him at this point in time at any rate. .

Estupinian has been a great buy. Surely, we can't keep unearthing these players? The problem we have is that barring Arsenal all of the big 6 have dropped off. That means they are on the lookout for players and we have a number that impressed or are familiar to a certain Mr Potter. The genie is out the bottle.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The thread title is misleading, this is just a small gathering of extreme pessimists with a few suckers trying to get them out of their despair spirals.

We all want to keep these amazing players and hate it when they go, but complaining about a lack of ambition when we are challenging for a European spot is frankly insane.

Get a grip.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Caicedo hadn’t even started a premier league game this time last year. But we did buy Billy Gilmour in the summer with an eye to his departure, and Moder is due back soon (although who knows how both will develop).
Sarmiento, Adingra, Buonanotte, Enciso, Ferguson though seem a decent set of forwards to replace Trossard or even Mitoma (if he fades/gets injured) - even if only 1-2 of them progress as much as Caicedo did.
And Estupinan was bought AFTER we sold Cucurella. He’s turned out ok so there’s always that option too…

Gilmour is more of a Lallana replacement.

Doesn't play the same game as Caicedo.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
We are getting up to £27 m for a stroppy benchwarmer. He wouldn't get into the starting eleven over Mitoma now so seems a good bit of business for the club. Reinvest the money by signing Colwell.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"… Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?
… If you don't talk happy,
And you never have dream,
Then you'll never have a dream come true!"
Except I did, back in 1997, and it bloody well did! So there, no need to be greedy!! :wink: :lolol::thumbsup:

There is obviously structure in place , and Yea losing trossard may come back and bite us but I think there is belief that we can improve on 9th and keep Caicedo and Ally Mac , but in the last 3 premiership games toy tossing trossard was no where to be seen and we sold him for 25m ( Yes a replacement would be welcomed ) but look at the way Sarmiento , Ferguson ,March and de Kaiser etc etc they are all playing to a manager who has been quoted eats breathes and shits Football ... onwards upwards I say

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We have made more money from changing our manager, than Palace have made in player sales from the past 3 seasons.

Levels.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well it will eventually make fans feel like what's the point if they see all their best players get constantly sold to other clubs we're supposed to be competing with.

I think Tony's plan is far more complex than you give him credit for.
It isn't just buy cheap - develop - sell. It's about incrementally increasing the value of the entire squad.
Our least talented players are significantly better than they were 6 years ago.

Every time we sell a player to a top club, our reputation increases.
The "ceiling" of the prospects we are able to buy gets higher each season.

We are starting to buy players that are closer to being Premier League standard.
Rather than waiting 2-3 seasons of development, before they can play, we are now seeing players with 6mths loans being recalled to start in the Prem.

We will always be a selling club, very few teams aren't, but that doesn't mean we can't have a team capable of competing at the top level.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i’m in the thinking that if we establish ourselves as a top 6 club then why would cas and ali mac go…. in europe, surely there putting themselves out there to go to even bigger teams in europe….. at least another season with us, before we expect over £80m each for them but in summer we buy some exciting unknown that end of next season there the replacements….. optimistic i know but rather that than doom and gloom

Money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here