[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rushworth probably needs a Championship loan now. Roberts, yes, it would be a good move for him - his career needs a bit of a pick up; looks a bit stalled at the moment.

I agree re Haydon Roberts, seemingly the blue eyed boy amongst our young starlets when he scored our only goal against Aston Villa in our home League Cup defeat back in 2019.

His career seems to have fallen away a tad since then, and surely he badly needs a season of first team football somewhere.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't disagree - The point I was making is that I don't think he would displace Cashin so wouldn't be in the starting XI UNLESS we were playing 2 20 year olds together, which worries me!

But then I doubt Roberts would be sent on loan to a L1 club unless there was some agreement on starting / minutes. Wouldn't do Brighton or the player any good if his arse is parked on the bench.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
But then I doubt Roberts would be sent on loan to a L1 club unless there was some agreement on starting / minutes. Wouldn't do Brighton or the player any good if his arse is parked on the bench.

Yeah, that's kind of why I was less convinced by this one. One question though, to paraphrase on old friend, can he play Left Back? We're a bit short there!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yeah, that's kind of why I was less convinced by this one. One question though, to paraphrase on old friend, can he play Left Back? We're a bit short there!

Looks like Roberts will play for Derby today - It was actually a proper question above, can he play left back? We have 4 centre halves now (woohoo!!) and no left backs....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like Roberts will play for Derby today - It was actually a proper question above, can he play left back? We have 4 centre halves now (woohoo!!) and no left backs....

He has certainly played left side of a three. Good passer but doubt he has the pace to contribute effectively as a modern full back

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
He has certainly played left side of a three. Good passer but doubt he has the pace to contribute effectively as a modern full back

Cheers - Some of the chat is that we have Byrne on the right who is the classic modern attacking full back so probably need someone more solid on the left. Possibly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I have a vague memory he might have played in that position at some point in one of the Cabbage Cup games, swapping with BDB who started the game in the positon. Might be wrong though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cheers - Some of the chat is that we have Byrne on the right who is the classic modern attacking full back so probably need someone more solid on the left. Possibly.

mmm can remember seeing Nathan Byrbe a couple of times back in his Crawley days about ten years ago, albeit in League Two at the time.

He was only a relative youngster then, but he impressed me with his enthusiasm and will to get forward.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
mmm can remember seeing Nathan Byrbe a couple of times back in his Crawley days about ten years ago, albeit in League Two at the time.

He was only a relative youngster then, but he impressed me with his enthusiasm and will to get forward.

Yeah, that sounds like him! Good championship player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He played quite a few of his games at Rochdale at LB - at his age and size he was often getting muscled out of things at CB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports