[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A richly deserved relegation. Long may they languish with Portsmouth and Massive in the noddy leagues.

Lovely stuff.
And of course Ipswich with their crappy nonsensical banner.

League one is like a who's who of absolute bell-end fans all squabbling over which is the most enormously supported club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And of course Ipswich with their crappy nonsensical banner.

League one is like a who's who of absolute bell-end fans all squabbling over which is the most enormously supported club.

Indeed.

I'd really like Reading to join them too. Wouldn't that be lovely ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Noddy leagues?

Most of our history has been spent in the third tier.

With Fulham and Bournemouth seemingly coming back up again, there's the delicious thought that many young kids now won't have a clue about proper massiveness.

There's a pretty good chance that many football fans under 14 years old consider us, Bournemouth, Fulham, Burnley, Southampton and Leicester to be fairly huge clubs and Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich and the Pompey tw@ts to be perennial lower league strugglers.

:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Derby now in League One or - as I like to call it - Premier League Gold.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
With Fulham and Bournemouth seemingly coming back up again, there's the delicious thought that many young kids now won't have a clue about proper massiveness.

There's a pretty good chance that many football fans under 14 years old consider us, Bournemouth, Fulham, Burnley, Southampton and Leicester to be fairly huge clubs and Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich and the Pompey tw@ts to be perennial lower league strugglers.

I think that’s true. I had a conversation with a Tranmere fan who was very surprised that I had watched the Albion play at Prenton Park in the league. Lots of respect from Liverpool and Everton fans as well although they do tend to lump us in with Palace as difficult teams to play against.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

I am not so sure about Sunderland.

Even in League one aren’t their gates better than ours?

Would we even get 20,000 turn up if we were in League one?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I am not so sure about Sunderland.

Even in League one aren’t their gates better than ours?

Would we even get 20,000 turn up if we were in League one?

That's a good question . I suppose a lot hinges on what at the moment is our solid core of fans ? From my point of view it would be interesting to know how many people have held the same season ticket since the Amex opened i know i have and looking around me in the upper west i do see a lot of familiar faces .
Although that being said this season is the last for 2 regulars sat to my right and i myself am particularly unhappy with the new £20 charge each season for the photocard use . In the old days ( i know , i know ) we regularly had the biggest attendances in the old div 3 by some margin but not sure they would hold up nowadays . To be honest i would rather not find out !

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Would think would now struggle to find a buyer in time for next season. A big problem is the ground and is where trouble started. Previous owner purchased ground for silly money as a way of giving club money to get to PL.. He still owns it but what new owner wants to take over with previous owner still owning ground

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It was broken by BBC Derby reporter Ed Dawes who has, famously, been wrong in the past so I'm clinging to that!

Didn't sound good though....

Reckon you'll end up with Mike Ashley?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Reckon you'll end up with Mike Ashley?

It's entirely possible! When his name was first suggested, I was all for it, someone who will make sure we live within our means but someone who also, to make money (like anyone else really) needs us back in the PL. When you stop and think though, the one huge success story of the last few years is the academy, it's been unbelievable, especially for a second (obv now 3rd!!) tier club and Ashley has a history of zero investment in academy and also facilities. It's only 2 years since Derby reached the last 16 of the Youth Champions League, it would be so sad to see all that work thrown away.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It's sad to see many other teams fans happy to gloat.

much as i am happy to see Derby fall down the leagues, the last thing wanted is for the club to have to fold and go out of business. So many clubs have been shafted by their owners over the years, and it would be a very sad day if Derby joins that list through financial mismanagement

As with all clubs there are some dickhead fans, but I'm sure the majority are fans like the rest of us, normal decent people who just want their club to do well.

It appears that Rooney has paid the clubs wage bill for May (possibly April),

If , as appears more and more likley, the proposed new owners havent got the money, things look very dark for Derby, its very late in the day for new owners to come in and enable the club to continue next season. It would be a sad day for football if Derby go under

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports