Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Colin said something similar, I agree with your reaction. Fundamentally he's managing to get that group of players winning games, that's not easy whatever the lack of pressure.

motivation and bonding through adversity is the objective

clearly a difference between the average Pro player in an artificially disadvantaged position through no fault of their own, and a bunch of over paid prima donnas vying for the spoils, but the same ultimate goals.

If Rooney keeps Derby up it'll be something no Manure player has ever experienced.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
motivation and bonding through adversity is the objective

clearly a difference between the average Pro player in an artificially disadvantaged position through no fault of their own, and a bunch of over paid prima donnas vying for the spoils, but the same ultimate goals.

If Rooney keeps Derby up it'll be something no Manure player has ever experienced.

Fair point, I was going to say I appreciate the merit of the difference, but didn't. He is brutal with players who aren't absolutely 100% in training etc, got rid of a couple pretty sharpish. Again, whether you can do that with the top players? Dunno.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Fair point, I was going to say I appreciate the merit of the difference, but didn't. He is brutal with players who aren't absolutely 100% in training etc, got rid of a couple pretty sharpish. Again, whether you can do that with the top players? Dunno.

Not if you're this months PSG caretaker. But some coaches/managers are allowed to be more involved.

I suppose its all down to the relationship with the board and style the club wants to persue.

whatever your status be it head coach/manager whatever, the last thing you want or need is anyone less than comitted, it can only be a negative force.

We've had a few, hence the NDP you may have read about :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would love it if Reading got relegated.

Same here. They cheated time and time again. I also think Rooney is a prize plum…what’s to like?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
From a football perspective it is quite hard not to admire the job Rooney and his players have done - not given up their status easily. But the truth is that if Derby do stay up, it will be one of the biggest injustices in football. For that reason, I'm sorry but a Derby relegation would be the right outcome. They should have been relegated automatically. They cheated over and over again.

Oh and it should also be said that there are elements of Derby's support who STILL blame [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] "for stirring it" rather than the cheating Mel Morris for the mess Derby are in. Remarkable.

Agreement here. There's no argument that the coaching team and players have done brilliantly and the fans are, as almost always, innocent bystanders in all this. BUT the owner has cheated rival clubs, whose players and fans are entitled to feel aggrieved.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
whatever your status be it head coach/manager whatever, the last thing you want or need is anyone less than comitted, it can only be a negative force.

We've had a few, hence the NDP you may have read about :rolleyes:

Totes - Get rid of em.

Oh yeah, the NDP - I'm not sure I totally believe that exists but there you go!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here. They cheated time and time again. I also think Rooney is a prize plum…what’s to like?

Quite impressed with his revelations about his drinking and associated foolishness, on radio5 today. His missus must see something in him, and I'm sure it must be more than his bell end. Good luck to him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The game’s nearly up.

4EBE6D95-6472-48DA-AB7A-D9B38E6CFFB2.png

I agree with [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] in earlier posts about their relegation.

People were happy with Morris when he tried to cheat promotions and there was belligerence towards any outsider who pointed it out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Derby looked doomed to League 1 to join a veritable list of former Prem zombie clubs lost in time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A richly deserved relegation. Long may they languish with Portsmouth and Massive in the noddy leagues.

Lovely stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here