Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The segregation for a sell out seemed a tad poor judging from this vid ….fans running onto the pitch seems to be a common theme these days

https://youtu.be/NaKAfyqIAJI

That end of the stadium is normally either full or normally full without too much of a problem - The pitch invaders were quite funny, one didn't have the lungs for it, another jogged the whole length of the pitch quite casually before joining the crowd at the other was quite bizarre.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
JRG only has tri-colour glasses on for anything on NSC - but that is quite funny

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
4 points to safety but reading have 2 games in hand.

I wouldn't worry too much about Reading's games in hand, have you seen their form?! Played 6, lost 6 (including to Kidderminster!), scored 5, conceded 21!

I've never particularly liked Rooney but fully behind him with this. It really would be remarkable if they could pull it off.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I wouldn't worry too much about Reading's games in hand, have you seen their form?! Played 6, lost 6 (including to Kidderminster!), scored 5, conceded 21!

I've never particularly liked Rooney but fully behind him with this. It really would be remarkable if they could pull it off.

and especially funny if it was at the expense of the glory of Reh-heh-ding.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This will mold him into a brilliant manager imo.

To deal with what he has had too, and turn down Everton, keeping the pressure on himself speaks volumes.

Nailed on to be Man U manager within the next 5 years.

He just needs to stop any off field antics, which Coleen is seeing too..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From a football perspective it is quite hard not to admire the job Rooney and his players have done - not given up their status easily. But the truth is that if Derby do stay up, it will be one of the biggest injustices in football. For that reason, I'm sorry but a Derby relegation would be the right outcome. They should have been relegated automatically. They cheated over and over again.

Oh and it should also be said that there are elements of Derby's support who STILL blame [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] "for stirring it" rather than the cheating Mel Morris for the mess Derby are in. Remarkable.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hope things work out for them Appreciate problems in back ground with claims from Wycombe and borough (can understand there gripe.) Dont understand ground situation. Anybody that buys club doesnt own ground because sold to previous owner at a silly price than short while after he goes bust. Who will buy club with previous owner still owning the ground Maybe somebody could simplify it

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Yeah, if we don't catch Reading, we're not staying up - I truly don't know how he's doing this, it's bottom 3 squad producing top half performances.

I'm rooting for Derby

Reading going down would be a mildly amusing bonus.

Me too :) We've been punished now, 21 points, various embargoes for 30 months, losing academy players right left and centre, still can't extend contracts, so yeah I'm rooting for us!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
This will mold him into a brilliant manager imo.

To deal with what he has had too, and turn down Everton, keeping the pressure on himself speaks volumes.

Nailed on to be Man U manager within the next 5 years.

He just needs to stop any off field antics, which Coleen is seeing too..

A few weeks ago I heard a pundit, can't remember who, questioning how much this prepares Rooney for top level management. His argument was having a restricted choice of players and extreme adversity was actually simpler in many ways than managing a team of stars where every week you're having to drop people and justify decisions. Don't know if I totally agree but there might be merit in that view.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
A few weeks ago I heard a pundit, can't remember who, questioning how much this prepares Rooney for top level management. His argument was having a restricted choice of players and extreme adversity was actually simpler in many ways than managing a team of stars where every week you're having to drop people and justify decisions. Don't know if I totally agree but there might be merit in that view.

Colin said something similar, I agree with your reaction. Fundamentally he's managing to get that group of players winning games, that's not easy whatever the lack of pressure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Putting aside the way Derby have been run I can't help but admire the way Rooney and Rosenior are getting the results. They have created the most exciting football this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here